90-93 Integra OR 90-91 CRX

Which one should I choose?

• 90 or 91 CRX Si with b18a sw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Ok, so after I sell my EG hatch, I was thinking about buying a 90-93 Teg. I would really like the options like sunroof, cruise control, pwr mirrors, and the big one...A/C. My next project is going to be a boosted LS, so it would already have the motor. I got to thinking though. I could get a CRX Si for maybe around 2k, which would leave me about a grand to swap a LS into it. I decided to keep the fat fives that were on my car, and I think 4g's and CRX's look sick in.

What, oh WHAT should I choose?

EDIT: I also am considering getting a EF hatch. It would be even cheaper, and plus I can get an Si for like 1500.

I vote crx because i have one :lol:.
No seriously, lighter car, a little less room though, u don't need power steering in it, but it might be tough to have a/c and be boosted, just keep that in mind, also re-locating the battery would probably be necessary in a crx.
Plus they look better, and sexy with fat 5's!
But a crx ls w/ boost is going to be faster...... less weight.

Yup. The CRX will be faster and handle better since it's much lighter. If you can handle the smaller interior, lack of back seat and lack of trunk space, go with the CRX. A 4G Si hatch would be really nice too, but I don't think they look as good compared to modern cars as the CRX does. A CRX with a few visual updates still looks good against current cars- but the hatch has proportions that look a little funny today.

One decision point- the CRX has a much shorter wheelbase than the hatch- 90.6 inches vs 98.4 inches. It makes a HUGE difference in handling and "point and shoot" driving.

As of right now, I'm leaning more towards the CRX. I will be waiting till about March before I get a new car, because I don't have a license until April. What I'm thinking about doing is buying a LS motor that a friend of a friend is selling for like 200$ and just putting it together on an engine stand, finding a tranny, and getting it ready. Then, when I have the car, the motor will be all ready.

How important is the back seat??

I'm a CRX owner with two kids.. I love it, but its getting less and less handy every day. I also have a 97 teggy 4 door that works just great with the kid situation. Although you have to be a contortionist to get a child seat buckled in there. I always smirked about that in car reviews.. but now I'm seeing what their talking about!

Starting to look at an element. Hrmmm...

did someone say crx with fat fives and motor swap :thumbsup:
gallery_36382_304_9679.jpg

gallery_36382_304_19188.jpg

now thats just damn sexy

I'm leaning to the CRX, but I still have quite a while before I will buy it. I'm thinking late winter or early spring (Jan to Mar), but that depends on the deal that I find. If I found a STEAL, then I would buy it right away. But I am considering buying the motor soon after I sell my car, I just need an engine stand and somewhere to keep it. Ripperbone, great lookin car, and YAY for representing Colorado. I think I'm going to be building a super sleeper. I'm thinking wheels and suspension ONLY, maybe brighter headlight bulbs and the amber corners. Nothing for the interior, except boost guage etc when I boost it, and all that's going to be the least visible as possible. It'll be quite a contrast compared to my buddy's CRX (MugenCRX), but our performance goals are about the same.

Back