90 ef si with b18b1 help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tyler gray

I have a 1990 ef si with a b18b1 from a 95 automatic integra the transmission is a manual b16 with lsd. I believe the head is now warped seeing as how i drove it while hot and now the car no longer starts, but i do not know for sure if the head is warped or what is going on. What is the most cost effective method to get my car running again it will not start if i try to start it i hear a tssssss with air shootin out of the overflow tank for the radiator. Do i buy a new head? Can this one be fixed? And is it possible that my head as well as the block are pretty much screwed? Any advice can help thanks

It's really hard to say what might have happened to it without tearing it apart.
The block/head might be completely fine. Or, you might have a piston melted onto the sleeve.

I'd say pull the head off and look around. It might be pretty obvious what's wrong at that point.

the park plugs were melted on it got so hot and only was able to get 2 off broke them all trying to get them off. my friend has a tool to hopefully get rest off. i will check the head

Took head off and will go to the machine shop tomorrow ro see if they will be able to fix it, i believe it is warped.

Bought a car with a severe overheat and no start like that. The PO had run it so hot before it died, not only did it warp the head AND block, it distorted the shit outta the cylinder walls and fried the bearings. I just threw a used long block in it....

Back