90 Integra with B16a+tranny swap now havin terrible knock/shutter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

astarz

I recently put a b16a w/ tranny into my 90 teg and since then there is a terrible knock somewhere in the front end. Starts to get it at about 20mph+(frequency of knock is completely wheel speed dependent regardless of putting power down or not) and knock gets worse with speed or when drivers side wheel gets loaded(i.e. turning right) almost goes away when load is taking off (i.e.turning left). I havnt seen any known issues of this particular swap having axle complications such as this... wheel bearing and axle both seem to be in working order. I have ripd the suspension apart a couple times working on this issue and have exhausted any ideas that i have.... Any of u have any thing that comes to mind..:confused:

usually when it gets worse when you load the suspension and gets better/goes away when you take load off of it... thats generally a tell tale sign of a bad wheel bearing... i can see how you might think its the cv but if you think about it... whether the wheel is loaded or not.. the cv is still spinning.. if its an issue with the cv it should continue to do it regardless

Back