90' Teg B18a Into 5g Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20badboy

I'm swapping my 1.5L for a 90 Integra b18a and would like to know exactly what parts I'm gonna need and if there's any tips on little upgrades along the way. I need to know what motor mounts and what ECU. I'm replacing the water pump, power steering pump, oil pump, various gaskets, cam seals, main seal, upgrading the injectors, new distributor, wires and plugs. Changed oilpan gasket, exhaust manifold gasket and the intake gasket. I am putting it all into my 92 Civic Dx 4dr with an automatic. I am keeping it auto and I've got a b-series SirII auto tranny waiting to be put on. I just need the tranny bolts. What axles am I gonna need? Thanks for any replies!

i think you'll need a pr4 obd1 ecu(92-92 integra ls), motor mounts from a 94-95 integra, or a vtec del sol, and axles from a vtec del sol, or a 98-99 civic si.

fyi i could be entirely wrong.

you hit it right on for the most part.

for the tranny though- you need hydro. MOST of the b18 tranny's are cable, and won't work unless converted to hydro (money for a kit). but you arleady have that covered with the sir2 auto.

key thing is to get the auto ecu.

but may i ask, WHY? honda automatics suck. they eat a lot of power, and don't put a lot of power to the ground.

you are easily a 1/2 second slower just by going the automatic route in the same car.
upgrades won't hold well. if you feed it a lot of power, it will simply slip.

ECU: 94-95 P75auto OBD1

injectors: 92-up OBD1 12ohm(grey plugs)

distributor: 92-95 B18A/B OBD1(grey plugs)

O2 sensor: OBD-1 4-wire heated(grey plug) from 92up Teg

axles:
driver's: 90-01 Integra (auto or man, abs/non-abs doesn't matter.)
intermediate: 94-01 Integra AUTOMATIC only (90-93 won't work because you have an SiR2 auto tranny)
passenger: 94-01 Integra (auto or man, abs/non-abs doesn't matter.) with female inner joint, male outer.

MAP sensor assembly: Firewall-mounted 90-93 Teg, because your stock 1.5L MAP is on the Throttle Body, 90 B18A isn't

Thermostat housing cover w/ temp sensor: from 92-01 Teg

Mounts:
timing belt mount bracket: it bolts to the block from a 94-01 Teg(any engine, doesn't matter). The rubber mount portion from your civic can be used.
rear engine bracket: from 94-01 Teg Auto
top tranny mount: from 94-01 Teg Auto
front tranny mount bracket: from 94-01 Teg Auto. Stock rubber mount from your civic can be used.
A/C compressor bracket: 94-95 Del Sol Vtec, or SiR2

Additionally, there will be some left over plugs on the tranny for sport shift/grade control logic that would have gone to the Transmission control module. (civic doesn't have one)

I compiled this list from swapping a '91 JDM B16A(OBD-0) and 96 teg auto tranny into a 93 Civic EX auto. Only difference is I have VTEC. Hope this helps. I got most parts used and completed the ENTIRE swap for about $1100, plus I sold a lot of old parts. Net cost=$600.

Back