'91 Civic Hatch Test drive, need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have already saved a bundle by using the steel wheels, is there a recomended tire size that would mount on the steelie that I could remount on an alloy 14" ? After the suspension mods, struts etc, wheels would be a plan, say mid summer, my mileage will be less than 10 k a year, so there would be ample wear left.

thx

yes... like i was saying stay with the 185/60r14 for now. i just remembered i have an extra set of 88crx si wheels in my garage in idaho.... where are you located?

Those are real nice rims, I found a picture of a stock "88 CRX si on the web.
I am in Oakland Calif . I should complete my sig here. I figured you were 5800 miles east of here, lol . Not many 55 series tire for 14 inch, $$, so the 185/60's will do ...

Roc

if you pay shipping from idaho those wheels are yours... they will keep you from wanting to buy customs at least for a while longer. i have a 90si now with stock wheels so realistically i won't be using them anymore. they still even have auto cross tires on them with a couple more runs... i guess it would be ideal if someone you know is road tripping through idaho. :) let me know...

wow,

PM sent,

if it were summer, I roadtrip it myself, I love Idaho. just not crazy about the cold....

yeah i wish i knew of someone passing through going to cali. shipping might be a bitch. either way they are not moving anytime soon. :) my dad goes to reno occasionally... that's at least 5 hours closer to oak-town

Brake rotors

Reno is a 4 hour drive for me, so that is easy. I would still be interested in looking at all the possibilties.

I am currently looking to order two new front rotors, mine are toasted. I got out on a backroad yesterday, between downpours, when they heat up, the whole front end shakes under braking. Brembos be a good choice ? with OEM pads ?
There pretty reasonable dollar wise, like 31 usd ea, + ship..
Maybe theres a better swap from another 4th Gen EF, or newer.
Roc

i'll have some 92-93 GSR wheels for sale pretty soon.. but you should be able to find the HXs everywhere..

CKW,
I found out today my email server is down, dont know if you replied to my PM or not...its supposed to be back up soon, ha, lol.. we will see

eg6sir, those would also be nice,are you closer to me ? driving 4 or less hours maybe ..
i have searched local Craigslist everyday, and the local dismantlers for the HX's but nothing yet,

yeah i did reply... 83714 is the zip and i will ask my dad if anyone he works with is driving to reno anytime soon... remember the integra wheels up to 2000?? will work as well if you are looking on craiglist. they are a wide five spoke 15' wheel and would look better than the si wheels. tires should not be that much more expensive for 195/50r15. but... i agree for looks and weight and budget the hx's are ideal :)

Wheels

Well, email fixed, got the reply thanks. I shall be happy with the CRX wheels and 185/60r14 (or similar) or if if can find some stock 15's, may give that a shot, a little less cheap/stealth, but well worth for the lookin good factor, imho.... thanks

I will hold off ordering tires, but will get on with Brembo rotors and Energy suspensions bushing kit...at least get them lined up for install... One day of good weather tommorrow, I will try to shoot a couple of pics of the factory fresh Hatch DX look lol, ... I also need to look back in this thread for the good ideas already brought up....

Last edited:
Back