91 crx B16a into 91 Civic 4 door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

namoper

I am about to take on this task. I have a 91 crx with a b16a1 in it. And want to put it in my 91 civic 4 door. The 4 door is a 1.4 carb model so I know there are a few things I will need. Can anyone give me a ruff idea of whats needed for the swap. I was hoping I could get most of the parts from the CRX as it wont be going back on the road.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

just swap it all over to the 4 door wires and all and your done

won't work like that, wiring is different, you will need to do some new wiring, but if the motor and all is in there already, you just have to swap everything over.

why wont it work like that ?. i mean if the crx is wired for it then just use all of the crx wiring in the 4 door

I am about to take on this task. I have a 91 crx with a b16a1 in it. And want to put it in my 91 civic 4 door. The 4 door is a 1.4 carb model so I know there are a few things I will need. Can anyone give me a ruff idea of whats needed for the swap. I was hoping I could get most of the parts from the CRX as it wont be going back on the road.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

1.4 Carbed, you not in America are you? Youre gonna need F.I. fuel lines, pump and wire the things up.

thats whats im saying. the 4 door is carbed right ? so it dont have a ecu correct ?. so i just figured if you swapped over everything from the crx thats making the motor run it will run in the 4 door also

thats whats im saying. the 4 door is carbed right ? so it dont have a ecu correct ?. so i just figured if you swapped over everything from the crx thats making the motor run it will run in the 4 door also

You aren't getting it, IT IS NOT THE SAME! The Rex has completely different wiring than that of a 4 door, ESPECIALLY if it has power locks and windows. You can't just throw the wiring in.

i guess im not getting it then. of course the wiring is not the same. all you need to work a motor is the engine bay harness. it has nothing to do with the windows.

1.4 Carbed, you not in America are you? Youre gonna need F.I. fuel lines, pump and wire the things up.

No not in the USA so I get to play with carb motors what fun.

Can I just take the fuel pump from the CRX and run a new fuel line. The wiring is not so much of a problem its more the fuel lines and pump that was the problem.

Thanks.

Back