92 accord swap, jdm f22b. Done research, in planning.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
So..I'm planning on swapping my brother's 92 accord DX and I've done research on these forums and found some things that need answers. Motor is leaking oil like crazy from cam seal, and I found the swap I want to put in it. I wasn't able to find another f22a1 however, the closest I can find is the jdm F22b nonvtec. The f22b is found in the 94-97 accord dx model and is listed as either OBD1 or 2, according to all of my research but not definitely either or, and the ecu is POA obd0 for the f22a1, according to reference materials there is an OBD1 POA ecu available for the 94-95 EX model, but I'm not concerned with vtec I just want the car to get from A to B.

F22a1 OBD0 to F22b jdm OBD1 or 2?
POA OBD0 ecu to ?? OBD1 or 2 (not specified in reference materials forum)

Questions:
1. Which ecu do I need, and should convert the motor to OBD0 or convert the chassis to OBD1 or 2?
2. How is the OBD conversion done?

I know a little about obd conversions I helped my buddy convert his OBD0 b16a to OBD1 by switching out injectors and distributor, in an OBD2a hx chassis, operated by xenocron converted p28 ecu.

Thanks for reading anything helps.

EDIT: Brainfart, I just realized that I can probably go to the junkyard and grab an ecu from a USDM 94-97 accord nonvtec. That's about all I can think of.

BUT, I still need specifics for the OBD conversion for this particular swap.

Last edited:
Back