92 Si z6 w/t25

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM-ED7

Ok i was wondering what you guys thought of this i just bought a stock 92 Si and the odometer reading is at 205k but the car runs good and doesnt burn oil and i just picked up a garett t25 turbo off of a 97 eclipse along with the stock intercooler. I also have the dx exhaust manifold which Im in the process of getting an adapter plate for and I had a blow off valve that i think i took off of a sprinter or spirit which was a small car that had a baby turbo on a three banger, but i dont know if that will work. The car already has a 2 1/4 piping and an exhaust and i think that it already has a high flow cat( havent realy checked). I was told that this turbo will be pushing out 8psi and i think that its perfect for a single thats going to be my dayli driver, but i dont know if it will be good for this single. I was planning on getting a jdm d15b vtec and slap it on that or will it be kool to do it to this engine.

Originally posted by JDM-ED7@Sep 2 2005, 05:29 PM
Ok i was wondering what you guys thought of this i just bought a stock 92 Si and the odometer reading is at 205k but the car runs good and doesnt burn oil and i just picked up a garett t25 turbo off of a 97 eclipse along with the stock intercooler. I also have the dx exhaust manifold which Im in the process of getting an adapter plate for and I had a blow off valve that i think i took off of a sprinter or spirit which was a small car that had a baby turbo on a three banger, but i dont know if that will work. The car already has a 2 1/4 piping and an exhaust and i think that it already has a high flow cat( havent realy checked). I was told that this turbo will be pushing out 8psi and i think that its perfect for a single thats going to be my dayli driver, but i dont know if it will be good for this single. I was planning on getting a jdm d15b vtec and slap it on that or will it be kool to do it to this engine.
[post=548954]Quoted post[/post]​

have a ball, milage doesnt necessarily mean shit. if all your compression numbers are within 10 psi of eachother and it isnt in any obvious state of mechanical meltdown, id turbo it.

that turbo wont net you much hp though, although if its your first hmt setup, i recommend heading over to www.homemadeturbo.com and reading all the project pages and faq's. B)

Back