93 B18a Into 92 Civic Dx 4dr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmr01

What do I need to convert the civic(hydro) to the b18a tranny(cable)? Also, do I use the harness from the b18a or the civic? Is there a wiring and vacuum hose guide for this swap? Also, which axles do I use, civic on drivers side and integra on pasenger? Do I use civic shift linkage or integra? Didn't want to dive in without this basic stuff unanswerred. I have the motor,tranny,engine harness and Intergra shift linkage. Waiting on the important info...

1-Hasport or other producers conversion kit,or get another B series hydraulic tranny except CRV
2-Should be able to use civics harness
3-shop Manual/owners manual
4-tegs axles both sides (the B series uses a intermediate shaft on the drivers side.)
5-teg shift linkage

evry thing they said and i would have to aree to get a hydro tran's save yourself the headach...

Great! If I can find a hydro tranny from a B16 for the price of the cable conversion(about $200), then that would make more sense.
Do I use Civic ECU and Civic harness or B18a ECU?
Does the B18a hook up directly to the Civic's exhaust pipe with no mods?
Do I use B18a P/S pump or Civic?
Do I use B18a A/C compressor and/or bracket or the Civic's?

Thanks again for all your suggestions...feel better now.

Does anybody know of an article or past history of this swap? I see other articles that are similar, but not the exact same...just wondering..

Thanks, I read that article again and it does have some useful information. I'm still confused on the axle portion. Will the axles that came with the tranny(93 Intergra) fit? I see articles that say 94+ axles are the ones. The article also says can use the mounts that came with the engine, yet I've read where I need the Hasport mounts with the cable conversion, too(the conversion I know I would need if I stuck with the cable tranny, but why would I need the Hasport mounts if the 93 teg's "should" work? I took the engine apart today to replace leaky gaskets and seals. Should be getting close to installation in a couple of weeks, time permitting. Thanks for your response...

Originally posted by jmr01@Jan 20 2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks, I read that article again and it does have some useful information. I'm still confused on the axle portion. Will the axles that came with the tranny(93 Intergra) fit? I see articles that say 94+ axles are the ones. The article also says can use the mounts that came with the engine, yet I've read where I need the Hasport mounts with the cable conversion, too(the conversion I know I would need if I stuck with the cable tranny, but why would I need the Hasport mounts if the 93 teg's "should" work? I took the engine apart today to replace leaky gaskets and seals. Should be getting close to installation in a couple of weeks, time permitting. Thanks for your response...

I think the Hasport mounts support the b16A1 into a 5th gen because of the number of bolts from the bracket.I talked to them and they said I couldn't use it for a second gen B16A(2).

Been looking around for the B16 hydro tranny, but I don't know what years I should be looking for. Also, what year B18 trannys would make this swap easier? I don't know the Integra models, but that would help, too when I'm asking the junk yards for these trannys. thanks again...

92+ b16a trannys are all hydro
93-94 b18 tranny's are both.. check for salve cyl. if its there, its hydro
95+ b18 are all hydro

Thanks, all these should mount up to the 5g, right? Would you happen to know the years the B16 tranny that would fit the 5g were made? You mentioned 92+, but up to what year? Also, up to what year B18 would fit, you mentioned 95+, but up to what year? Imagine me going to a junkyard and asking if they have a 199x Integra LS(?) tranny. Are these trannys in all the models ls/rs/gs? sorry for being so dumb about tegs. Thanks for your response, though

Originally posted by jmr01@Jan 21 2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks, all these should mount up to the 5g, right? Would you happen to know the years the B16 tranny that would fit the 5g were made? You mentioned 92+, but up to what year? Also, up to what year B18 would fit, you mentioned 95+, but up to what year? Imagine me going to a junkyard and asking if they have a 199x Integra LS(?) tranny. Are these trannys in all the models ls/rs/gs? sorry for being so dumb about tegs. Thanks for your response, though

What you need to do is look for a hydraulic transmission from a B series motor,whether it be a 99-00 civic si,94+ teg,a type R,ls,gsr,etc...B series hydaulic,if you want a complete list of motors that had them go to the reference section look in engines and print it off.All the answers you need are here look around

Back