93 civic hatch need help with wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

My son has a 93 civic hatch. It had a d15 non vtec, and we just put in a d16y8. Went to wire the vtec so I looked up the pin out and it says run the vtec wire to A04 its supposed to be a orange with white wire. This car has an orange with black wire. I don't wanna start messing with stuff until I get a confirmation that is still the correct one. Also when putting in the engine he cut the evap purge valve and apparently the d16 harness doesn't have a plug for the purge valve. What wire do I run these to on the ecu? The plug has a red with yellow and a black with yellow wires.

Welcome to HondaSwap!

Your car is not wired for VTEC from the factory, so that wire will not exist. You'll need to add it. It's possible factory cars come with that color wire and that is where the info is throwing you off.

Check out this article. it has wire images which may help!

Welcome to HondaSwap!

Your car is not wired for VTEC from the factory, so that wire will not exist. You'll need to add it. It's possible factory cars come with that color wire and that is where the info is throwing you off.

Check out this article. it has wire images which may help!

That definitely did help thank you. Still a little confused as to why I have a wire in the ecu harness that shouldn't be there cause the car is non vtec. And a different color than what all articles I've read state it should be too. Pin slot A04 if it had a wire should be orange/white. But it's orange/black. I don't want to remove or cut anything if it's not right.

That definitely did help thank you. Still a little confused as to why I have a wire in the ecu harness that shouldn't be there cause the car is non vtec. And a different color than what all articles I've read state it should be too. Pin slot A04 if it had a wire should be orange/white. But it's orange/black. I don't want to remove or cut anything if it's not right.
Disregard the orange/black wire. I grabbed a flash light and actually got a better look. You are 100% correct, A04 is wide open. Thank you again. By chance would you happen to know anything on where I can run the evap purge valve wires? What pin location can I connect them to?

i think a11 is what you're looking for

Back