93 del sol headunit not working!! help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mib008

i recently bought alpine iDA-x200 head unit for my 93 del sol, tried hooking it up and i have yet to turn it on. I didnt buy the adapter for it so i cut the old harness off and crimped the wires to the new alpine harness. Ive double checked everything many times and i know everythings hooked up right.....i think: white/blue (battery back up +) from the car to yellow (battery lead) on the harness, yellow/red (ACC+) to red (ignition) on the harness. Ive checked the fuses (except on the unit, i dont knw where it is) and theyre all good, ive connected the old ground from the head unit to the new one and grounded that to the chassis, the ground makes blue sparks if i take it on and off so there is power going to the unit but i dont know why it wont turn on. the illumination wires are correct too (red/black to orange on the harness) and all of the the crimps are insulated. driving around with no radio is starting to become really really boring.

Last edited:
:whatafucktard:

not to be too mean but seriously. harnesses aren't even ten bucks and they make it 100x easier. i wouldn't even no where to start. if you have a multimeter here is waht you do. with the key OUT OF the car touch the wires to find a constant 12V. once that is found turn the key ON and look for the other 12V. that one goes to the ACC of the headunit. normally red. secondly, create your OWN ground. just to make sure it is grounded. and u very likely could have fried your headunit. if u didn't your lucky, and if u did i hope u learned your lesson.

by the way blue wire with white stripe is your remote, not batt back up. it goes to power lead for power antenna or remote lead on an amp.

man just splice your original harness back together, break down, and buy a $7 harness plug from walmart...seriously before u try to do it yourself and end up burning down a perfectly good sol.

um... hanyes manual dude will tell ya the wiring code :p or just type in google wiring diagram for... and ya it will preduce, take ya little CD player manual or the backing of it and be like ah purple is left so on and so forth... thats if u want to save $7 bucks and feel like playing match the wires!

Here's for your car..
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/White
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Black
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

For your deck, go here.. Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Open the PDF, go to page 47. Print out the diagram for your deck. Take both to your car, check connections, make sure all connections are good. Try.

If you cant do it after that, theres no hope for you..

Good luck.

Back