94 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowassaccord

I have a 94 accord ex stock engine. I have an h22 from Japan my brother gave me is it worth it to swap out the stock head for the h22 and if so is it worth it to get a nice port and polish job done before. I would like to get a little higher redline with springs and such. Should I just do that to the stock head. If its not worth it It will be for sale.

:eek:
Quoted post[/post]]
Did I read this correctly? DOHC H22 head on a SOHC F22 block? :confused:

ya you did and yes it will work. only with the right head modifications. there is a big long thread about it on honda-tech.com. just because the h22 head will alow you to rev to 8000rpm doesnt mean that the f22 bottom end will. the h22 ecu will also have a knock sensor which the accord does not. now is head work woth it? HELL YES that is where you unleash the hp's in hondas. however with only head work you will probably only see about 13whp but it you put cams, valvetrain, intake mani (euro r mani found at hmotorsonline.com for 225), and throttle body (port your stock one) you will see some massive gains

So what's the point? He has a complete H22. Swap the engine and save yourself a headache(or a dozen).

Back