94 automatic LS into 94 automatic civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94exa2

Hey guys, I am new here (not to honda's or honda forum's...) and drive a 1994 honda civic ex coupe EJ1. I mainly came here hoping for better information and better help than i have from other forums. most ppl just hate and dont read. (i have one foot, my right foot, not clutch for me)

Anyways, i have a 94 civic ex coupe with automatic d16z6 in it with i/h/e susp etc.... and would like to take the stock B18b engine, auto trans/tcu, and ecu from a 94-95 acura integra ls.

Im thinking i can use any (hasport?) B engine EG mounts, and use stock LS obd1 ecu, correct? but what about transmssion mounts? stock teg LS mounts? or will they have to be custom made? and would i use stock LS auto axles?

And would i need to change the wire harness? or just plug p74 LS ecu in, and do the engine/trans swap?

i would really appreciate as much help on b18b auto into ej1 as i possible can. thanks guys!

Im no expert, but i believe as far as the mount issue, you just use all the stock b18 motor/trans mounts. Also if you get an obd1 b18 since your car is obd1 everything should plug right in including ecu. You will also wanna use the axles that came with your auto b18.

has anyone seen or read any info regarding an automatic b18 into any eg civic?

i thought hondaswap would be a good place to ask

I question whether this swap is worth your time and money. I'd be more inclined to recommend a turbo setup for your current engine. That will give you more get-up-and-go than the LS swap will. I've owned an automatic LS Integra, and they don't feel much different than a Z6 Civic. The tranny is really doggish...

Back