94 B18b1 into 98 ex civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jannzyg22

Please HELP! I have a 98 ex coupe and I have everything to swap in a 94 ls motor in. The only problem is that I got rid of my factory wire harness and only have the harness from the 94 motor. I was told that I can use it, I just have to extend some wires, but don't know which ones. Can some one please comfirm this and post pictures of the wires or a diagram. Thanks!! This swap is driving me crazy :shrug2:

Originally posted by jannzyg22@Jul 13 2005, 12:35 PM
Please HELP! I have a 98 ex coupe and I have everything to swap in a 94 ls motor in. The only problem is that I got rid of my factory wire harness and only have the harness from the 94 motor. I was told that I can use it, I just have to extend some wires, but don't know which ones. Can some one please comfirm this and post pictures of the wires or a diagram. Thanks!! This swap is driving me crazy :shrug2:
[post=525394]Quoted post[/post]​

NOBODY knows about this???? :mad2:

Originally posted by jannzyg22@Jul 13 2005, 03:27 PM
[post=525543]Quoted post[/post]​

No it is not that.
Try searching,the info is out there.It is not like this type of swap has never been done before.

Originally posted by baker423+Jul 13 2005, 03:47 PM-->
jannzyg22
@Jul 13 2005, 03:27 PM
[post=525543]Quoted post[/post]​

No it is not that.
Try searching,the info is out there.It is not like this type of swap has never been done before.
[post=525556]Quoted post[/post]​

I have tired looking, but I'm running out of time, I have to return the engine hosty back

hahahahahha, you took out your stock harness ??????

HAve fun because you have to put it back in. 6th gen civic have to use the stock harness you can't replace them with integra or 5th gen civic harness. It's not like a 5th gen swap!!! your fucked, have fun fixxing your mistakes. MAKE SURE YOUR READ UP AND LEARN YOUR SHIT BEFORE YOU START HAVING TO DO THINGS TWICE>>

Yeah, you have to use your factory harness, and buy an obd2-1 conversion harness if you plan on running obd1. I'd just stay obd2 if I were you, until you have money and time to do the conversion.

Well the other guy is correct, you should have kept your factory civic harness to put on the motor going into the car! Another problem you are gonna have to deal with is that you will need an OBD2 oil pump so you can mount the CPS from an OBD2 so your ECU wil pick up "where" the crank is. Because the OBD1 oil pumps do not have anywhere to mount the CPS, and they also don't have they ring on the crank sprocket to send the signal to the ECU! You might should have done some more research before you dove into this head-first!! GL!

Originally posted by becoming@Jul 18 2005, 12:28 AM
Well the other guy is correct, you should have kept your factory civic harness to put on the motor going into the car! Another problem you are gonna have to deal with is that you will need an OBD2 oil pump so you can mount the CPS from an OBD2 so your ECU wil pick up "where" the crank is. Because the OBD1 oil pumps do not have anywhere to mount the CPS, and they also don't have they ring on the crank sprocket to send the signal to the ECU! You might should have done some more research before you dove into this head-first!! GL!
[post=527798]Quoted post[/post]​

Well Thank you everybody for some edvice, but I found the stock wire harness. SO I can get started and have the car up and running. :fuckyou3:

Back