94 Civic Ex Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thepester

Hi,
I have a 94 Honda Civic EX Coupe, it gets 35 highway MPG.
I want to do an engine swap, but Im not looking for a drag racer.
I want to keep my good gas mileage as much as possible, and I wont gut ANYTHING.
Im only looking to beat stock cars, and the occasional bolt on.
2 cars I want to beat specificially are a 2002 Grand Am GT w/ Ram Air and a 1995 Ford Tauras SHO w/ Cat Back Exhaust and a K&N Air Filter, its got the Yamaha motor in it.
Whats the CHEAPEST way to do this? Whats it going to cost?
I definetely want to do an engine swap so that I can add more in the future.

Who cares about those two heaps of shit?Get some n2o and you may beat them.Did the owners of these two cars like beat you up or something?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 16 2003, 06:56 PM
Who cares about those two heaps of shit?Get some n2o and you may beat them.Did the owners of these two cars like beat you up or something?

lol. Those two cars ARE pieces of shit. i could prob. beat one or the other in my almost stock ex

My bro drives the grand am GT and he never stops talking about how much 4 bangers and hondas suck,
my friend drives the tauras and it beat me by like 3 car lengths in my stock d16z6. no, they didn't beat me up, but they think they're cars are the shit. anyone have anything usefull for me?
n2o is illegal and im not experienced enough to use it, somebody say something worth reading PLEASE!
thanks

N2o is the cheapest,if you can't afford to swap the motor,get used to being beaten,since build a fast motor and swapping aren't cheap.$2000 and you could give em a run.

I cant get n2o because its illegal, and I want to do a swap, I just dont know what one.
All im trying to do is beat those 2 cars atleast, and leave myself open for more stuff. 2000 dollars isn't a problem, i was planning on spending more then that.
let me know what you guys think
what motor should i swap, and what should i do to it?
im guessing its going to be a b-series motor w/ turbo... or should i get a b-series motor and build it up.. what do you guys think? what motor eh? let me know what will work.

How many times are you gonna ask the same question?? You know what we think about what you should swap. Also, Where is n2o illegal? Are you just not wanting to use it because your buddies don't? I say Fuckem and use the n2o. IF they drive pieces of shit why should you have to lower your standards just to make them feel happier. Any person who bitches about n2o is just making excuses for being slow. :rolleyes:

n20 is illegal in minnesota
i dont know what everyone thinks at all
if you already posted what you think, then dont post again.
what would you do beau?

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 17 2003, 04:26 AM

Then you need to read the three hundred post you've made with this same question.It has been answered.There's 15,000+ members and all of them are going to tell you something different,and there is no "right"answer to that question it is all opinion.Take a look at the swap tab to see what you can swap in,then go to hte engine specs page in the reference section and see what fits your goals.

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 16 2003, 10:26 PM
n20 is illegal in minnesota
if you already posted what you think, then dont post again.
what would you do beau?

I had no idea n2o was illegal in Minnesota... Well whatever, I truly think you should go the B18B1 way. This is a great setup for any future boost applications you may want to do, and also it is a cheap starting point. The B18B1 won't cost you an arm and a leg because it doesn't have the VTEC margin. You can always add VTEC later if you want. I researched all the possiblities for a long time and I like the torque of the B18B1 for daily driving. I know that my car will beat the living hell out of any domestics at least those two you mentioned. Just wait until I get some money back in the account...n2o isn't illegal in Colorado... :)

1995 Civic Dx 2 door coupe With:

1995 B18B1 from an Automatic Integra with a LS 5 speed Tranny
Arospeed Ceramic 4-2-1 Header
5zigen fireball Catback exhaust
AEM Short ram Intake
ACT HDSS clutch kit

So far that is all I have on it. I will be putting a VTEC Del Sol radiator on there in the next week or two...It's a dual core radiator opposed to the civic's single core radiator...More cooling and I get to keep my A/C.

Other than that I don't have anything noticably cool yet. I am trying to let my bank account recover for a while before going with the next upgrade..more than likely a Zex 55 shot of nitrous.

Anything else you need to know?

nitrous is NOT illegal to have in your car
its only illegal to use it.

as long as its off, they can't harass you about it

I like the setup Beau, I think Im going to end up doing something like that with turbo.

n20 is Illegal to have hooked up, and if you have it in your car you must legally have a sticker.
I know the Russian's gots it though, heh.

ha! those cars? with your civic, just get a good grippin clutch. my friend only has a clutchmasters clutch stage 1 and pulled out hella mustangs.

Originally posted by viciousracing@Mar 17 2003, 07:44 AM
my friend only has a clutchmasters clutch stage 1 and pulled out hella mustangs.

All he had was a clutch and stock everything else, with what motor?

and what kind of mustang did it pull on, V6's running on 2 cylinders. <_<

Back