94 civic over heating issue.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skaraider

alright so i have a b17 with a hydro gsr trans, with a t70 turbo on the car.
the car over heats, it cools when it sits and it over heats when Im driving it.

it has a New Radiator
New thermostat, New hoses,
Compression check is 210 + - 5 on all cylinders
15psi Pressure test on radiator and cap is good both held psi
Detergent has been put through the system to clean it, its been flushed
Timing has been checked its on.
New ECT
new Coolant temp sending unit sensor
The car has a bigger rad, It has a fan on the front pushing are into the engine bay and the stock fan with shroud on the back pulling the air in from the front.

I don't have a flow issue, compression issue, thermostat issue, Pressure test of the cooling system + cap came back good, im bleeding all the air out and still can't figure this out, the neddle never moves past what it shows in the picture, the coolant doesn't over flow, it also doesn't boil. Im running 50/50 + water wetter.

and here are some pictures and videos.

479806_418552611519721_1410626907_n.jpg

484517_418473931527589_1798213479_n.jpg

VID 20120704 104803 - YouTube
VID 20120704 112538 - YouTube
VID 20120704 142721 - YouTube
If someone could please help that would be great.

also running walbro 255 fuel pump and stock injectors No tune, wasn't gonna tune it till I got the temp down.

and no coolant is being lost, oil is regular color. no smell out of the exhaust either.

You can "try" to drill some small holes in the thermostat so there is some water exchanging all the time. Some turbo guys do this. But others say its important to let the water in rad cool off before its "exchanged"

Also....you can get a thermo that opens up at a lower temp. The turbo may be heating things up too quickly.

Will it heat up under normal low rpm highway drives?

You have no leaks and saw the video of the water hose. But how about the water pump? I'm running out of ideas :what:

water pump is fine, i posted the pic about that also. the timing belt turns it and everything is good, nothing is loose on it. I can't figure it out:(

Back