94 integra b18b1 waterpump install?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91jdmteg

I got a 1994 integra with the b18b1 dohc non-vtec. I need to replace the waterpump on it, How hard is it to do???? What has to come off in order to acheive this task!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_< I have pretty good mechanic skills, I've swapped motors out and stuff. But never did a waterpump with the motor still in the car. I was just wondering if you guys could shed alittle light on the subject. Thanks in advance!!!! :D

Originally posted by 91jdmteg@Aug 10 2005, 05:45 PM
I got a 1994 integra with the b18b1 dohc non-vtec. I need to replace the waterpump on it, How hard is it to do???? What has to come off in order to acheive this task!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<  I have pretty good mechanic skills, I've swapped motors out and stuff. But never did a waterpump with the motor still in the car. I was just wondering if you guys could shed alittle light on the subject. Thanks in advance!!!! :D
[post=538544]Quoted post[/post]​

OMFGOMFG!!!!! aaaaAAAAAaaaa!!!! teh WAtEr PUMP will OWN YOU!!!!1111!!11!!

AAAAAA!@!!!

**Edit** sorry, my blood pressure went up 80 points when I read that.. Anyway, its a simple procedure, but is somewhat involved. Get a chilton or haynes manual and get to it.

got a haynes manual? pretty easy. since you've got it apart change hte water pump, timing belt and tensioner.

i have a brand new water pump $30 shipped and its yours

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 10 2005, 09:11 PM
got a haynes manual? pretty easy. since you've got it apart change hte water pump, timing belt and tensioner.

i have a brand new water pump $30 shipped and its yours
[post=538623]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't have a manual, But I guess I could buy one. Do you have any idea what all needs to be removed or done to do this??I already have all the parts!! :D Thanks though.

a lot of work even if you know what your doing (fastest ive heard was like 1.5 hours) . will take even longer if you dont or dont have the right tools.

make sure you put the motor at top dead center before you take anything apart.

have ready to install

water pump
timing belt
tensioner
valve cover gasket w/grommets

tools:
10/12/14/19mm socket/wrenches (racheting wrenches are great)
impact
rachet

dont loose your crank pulley keys or nuts/bolts.

pretty important.

It's not too hard - and it wont take you 8 hours. You will have to remove the timing covers to get to the pump. Take off the plastic guards around the driver's side whee; well too and take out the top drivers side engine mount - with all that crap outta the way it will be pretty obvious what to do.

I agree with everyone else too - might as well do the timing belt, tensioner, and it's a good time to replace all the rest of the belts too - A/C, PS, alternator.

Get a helms manual too - for tq specs.

Back