94 integra engine swap. HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94GSRB20swap

i have a 94 integra gsr, and i blew the engine in it. so i bought a longblock b20b and dropped it in. i converted the wiring harness for all the obd2 plugs and it started right up fine that day. it ran a little off time, with some backfiring and stuff. well i ventured to find an ecu that could run it better. i bought a p06 and had it chipped by phearable.net for all the b20 specs. i got it back and plugged it in, and it still runs crappy. the problem was ever since i pulled the p72 ecu out the car wont rev past 3500 rpms. now that i got the ecu that supposedly should run my car it still cuts off at 3500 rpms.

i have a 2 step rev limiter set at 4300... thats not it, my speedo works.

i checked which codes it has... its throwin an IAC valve code, which should have nothing to do with why it wont rev.

im lost!! please help me i have nowhere else to turn for answers at this point.

thanks guys!!

did you buy a manual p06 or a auto? also the b20, was the donor car a manual or auto? did the b20 come with the intake manifold, iacv, map and throttle body?

well its possible the donor car was an auto. the ecu i know the person told me it was manual. it came with the short intake manifold, and i had to reuse the GSR throttle body because the plug from the B20 one was broken when i recieved it. so the mass air flow sensor is from the GSR i believe.

well ive been using the vtec ecu ever since i dropped the motor in... it ran up to 8000 rpms no problem before. it only started doing this once i put in the new ecu. then it ran terrible so i put the old one back in and it only went to 3500 ever since. the only thing GSR is the shell now. and im using the throttle body. i know the ecu i have is vtec... but the p06 i had chipped for my b20 engine specs. i listed all the things im using too.... cold air, header, exhaust, gsr throttle body, fuel pressure regulator.

well ive been using the vtec ecu ever since i dropped the motor in... it ran up to 8000 rpms no problem before. it only started doing this once i put in the new ecu. then it ran terrible so i put the old one back in and it only went to 3500 ever since. the only thing GSR is the shell now. and im using the throttle body. i know the ecu i have is vtec... but the p06 i had chipped for my b20 engine specs. i listed all the things im using too.... cold air, header, exhaust, gsr throttle body, fuel pressure regulator.
so are you using the gsr ecu or the po6 right now

well either one i use i have the same problem. right now i put the vtec ecu back in because it runs smoother for some reason. they both work fine except it wont rev above 3500. the ecu i had chipped (p06) was tested before they mailed it back to me so theres nothing wrong with it.

now heres a different question... somebody told me that obd1 ecus have to be grounded somehow.. .is this true?

the problem doesnt have anything to do with the computer itself i dont think... because when i originally dropped the motor in, it ran ok. i converted the wiring harness for obd2 plugs, and plugged it all up... it started right up and ran then. no limiter, nothing really substancially wrong then.... the day i got the p06, i plugged it in... and then it even still ran to 8000. just wasnt the right ecu at that point, so i had it chipped. that same day i took out the p06 and replaced it with the p72 again, and ever since i switched them out it would only rev to 3500 after that. with either computer it does it now. thats where im lost. is there a reset button or something?

Back