94 ls head fit on 98 1.6 block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1998pearlcivic

My girl got a 98 civic ex with the 1.6 sohc vtec, my question is will a 94 ls head that I have bolt up to the block? what mods are required if any to do so. if it will not fit I would like to sell it to whomever. it is ported and polished with the intake match ported, titanium retainers and springs, cams. asking 250.00? obo Thanks

Originally posted by 1998pearlcivic@Jan 1 2003, 08:47 PM
My girl got a 98 civic ex with the 1.6 sohc vtec, my question is will a 94 ls head that I have bolt up to the block? what mods are required if any to do so. if it will not fit I would like to sell it to whomever. it is ported and polished with the intake match ported, titanium retainers and springs, cams. asking 250.00? obo Thanks

no.. your block is SOHC, ls head is DOHC

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 1 2003, 09:05 PM-->
1998pearlcivic
@Jan 1 2003, 08:47 PM

no.. your block is SOHC, ls head is DOHC

or to clarifiy it even more, here engine is from the D-series and the LS is from the B-series. None of the engine parts work with each other

decent price on the head..
it wont fit.

charles- buy this :)

Back