95 gsr swap into 97 civic si shell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dommob

ok ive been doing alot of reading and working over time need some advice.. i am mecanically incline and ive ripped out both engines. I have noticed that the civic motor mounts on the shell are reversed from the motor mounts on the gsr engine. so i tried using the civic motor mounts on the gsr engine. I tried bolting on the civic motor mounts on to the gsr engine but nothing matched up only thing that did was the passenger motor mounts and of course the bottom ones. Also i noticed when taking apart the wiring harness on both vehicules that the fuel injects plug ins were not the same . do i jus take off the full throttle body or rewire the injects from the gsr into the civic harness.. I am in a stump i have both cars apart and no car my eclipse is too low to ride in the snow please help me i am carless!!!!:(

ok ive been doing alot of reading and working over time need some advice.. i am mecanically incline and ive ripped out both engines. I have noticed that the civic motor mounts on the shell are reversed from the motor mounts on the gsr engine. so i tried using the civic motor mounts on the gsr engine. I tried bolting on the civic motor mounts on to the gsr engine but nothing matched up only thing that did was the passenger motor mounts and of course the bottom ones. Also i noticed when taking apart the wiring harness on both vehicules that the fuel injects plug ins were not the same . do i jus take off the full throttle body or rewire the injects from the gsr into the civic harness.. I am in a stump i have both cars apart and no car my eclipse is too low to ride in the snow please help me i am carless!!!!:(

1.) That swap is a bolt-in, but you still need the correct mounts to make it work. Look for some OEM Integra mounts or get a set of after-market ones from Hasport or Innovative.

2.) Are you not aware of the difference between OBD1 and OBD2? You're going to need to do a bit of wiring, or buy some kind of conversion harness. Do some research.

3.) This forum is for 1987 and older Civics and CRXs. Please post in the appropriate place from now on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back