96-00 Civic Exhausts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
So, if I found a full catback exhaust that was designed for the 2dr Civic, what would i have to do to make it fit my 4dr? just lengthen the pipe from the cat?

What exhaust system? / Year of car? When I searched i came up with:
1992-1998 Civic ex two and four door are the same length for DC , 99-00 coupe/sedan are different.
??????
Im guessing that adding a little length may be necessary after the cat.

a kid i know did it on his LX---he got a apex ws for a 99-00 si and put it on his 96 LX, and had to lengthen it like 4 inches or something like that....

it's a greddy system from a 2dr 96 civic that might go on my 98 civic 4dr.

so the bends should line up, but not the long run from the cat?

I have a DC Sports exhaust from a 99-00 Si on my 98 EX 4-door. It fit without any modifications.

so coupe exhausts might fit without any mods on a 4 door.

i didn't know you had an identical car.

so, teh chassis isn't different between coupe and sedan? same lengths?

what model is ur civic? my friends was an lx and it didnt line up.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 7 2004, 02:31 PM
what model is ur civic? my friends was an lx and it didnt line up.

Because the LX and DX have the cat right on the exhust manifold and not under the car after the axle seats. If you have an EX it will line up and your won't have to do anything. Trust me i have a 96 LX and put a full 00 EX exhust from header back and everything was cool

umm....ur story made about 0 sense to me....he has a b16 swap; b16's dont have cats in header. I sold the kid the exhaust and i remember him comming back and bitching cause it was for a si, and that it didnt line up

k, reading up on it, it'll line up fine. it's from a 96ex 2dr going to a 98ex 4dr and all should be good according to H-T.

Back