96-00 Sohc V-tec Swap To 90 Crx... How Hard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kristoefur253

yeh i hav a 90 crx and want to swap to a sohc v tec and i was wondering how hard and how much mite it cost to get the rite mounts ,harnesses ...etc?

it should mount up, use your tranny b/c its cable as where that motor is hydro. Also, its obd 2, so call an electrition. You will get more power if you just do a mini-me swap. y8 or z6 head (also switch to mpfi), wire vtec and timing belt, get an Si tranny (or not), slap a lil 55 shot of zex on it and have a decetly fast car. Click on ARTICLES at the top and then ALL MOTOR HF and read up on Chets write up. A mini-me yields around 135-140 at the crank. I think the sohc vtec motor is what? 106?.. BTW, use OBD 1 parts, its easier to make them go to a obd 0 motor.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 21 2003, 11:46 AM
A mini-me yields around 135-140 at the crank. I think the sohc vtec motor is what? 106?.. BTW, use OBD 1 parts, its easier to make them go to a obd 0 motor.

The z6 has 125 and the Y8 has 127.

First what model do you have Si, HF, DX, STD? because if you have the Si and the HF you will be in a better boat than the DX, STD simply because you will have less wiring to worry about and if you have an Si your tranny gearing is going to be better for performance as the other trannys are geared for fuel economy first and performance later.

Back