96-97 b18c/r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silentearth

Hello, I origionally posted in the swap forum but realized the thread probably belongs here. Names Rich and I drive a 98 civic coupe with the ITR swap. Thing needs a head gasket and while I'm getting that done I'd like to get cams, valves & springs, and if possible a header. My budget is about 2k right now but I could stretch it to 3k if I had to. I'm looking for specific parts and all help is appreciated. The car is a 200 mile a day every day driver and I have no intention of getting a F/I setup. This motor has 200hp out of the box and my ultimate goal is to get 250hp+. Right now I am running a no cat setup with 2.5 inch piping, have the a/c and p/s removed, and have an AEM intake with bypass designed for my car with this motor. All help is appreciated :mrgreen: and if anyone happens to know of a gasket thats tough but thinner then stock i'm trying to up my compression the cheap way.

The Spoon head gasket is slightly thinner than the Mugen gasket, which is thinner than stock. You should be around 11.4~11.5:1 with the Spoon gasket.

Ty B, now does anyone have an opinion of what cams, valves and springs to go with for a good n/a setup with this motor?

EDIT>
Would Skunk2 Stage 2 cams be a good choice with approx. 11.4~11.5/1 compression? or should I just go with Stage 1's?

Strange I too have an ITR motor (in an EG) and I deliver pizzas :huh:

any how 250whp going the N/A you need to do a whole engine build look at some Toda or Jun cams and higher compersion pistons and you also need to build the head, springs, retaniers, vavles. Some serious tunning.
Maybe you should lower your goal not to knock you, I dont know if any one is pushing that much N/A here on this site.

Good news is you can sell your type r cams to make some money back and pistons. :toot:

When I say 250hp I mean at the flywheel, it's probably an unrealistic goal because I don't have another 6 grand to throw into this project but i'm going to try to get as close as possible on my budget... btw delivering pizza pwns real jobs :wink:

No need for new rods and pistons. Unless ofcourse you want to, you can get a good set from Importbuilders for around 750. For cams you can go with, Skunk2 Pro1's or Pro2's. Toda's, JUN III's for more money. Skunk2, Portflow make good springs retainers. One of the best Bseries headers is made by RMF go to Importpowerhouse.com for that. Smsp, Rage Performance, Six Sigma.

:blink:

You guys told him to go in like 20 different directions.

#1 you do NOT need to touch your bottom end to make 250 BHP.

#2 any hond cams ie. CTR/ITR are not going to get you close to where you want to be

#3 Don't go too thin on your headgasket

If it was me, I would call up S.C.E. and find out how thick your HG needs to be to net you around 11.5:1 C/R. Then I would throw in the new skunk2 PRO series cams. there is a HUGE difference between the sk2 stage 2s and the pro series cams. I would also look into the buddy club spec 4s. toda Cs and Jun IIIs are also cams that could get you near 250 BHP. As long as you tune it well and mind your fuel system 250 bhp is a easy enough goal to hit. Let us know what happens! :thumbsup:

Back