96+ automatic civic cluster w/tach, work in a 96 c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXratedR

i originally posted this in the car audio/security/electronic assesories section, but i was told to post here. i have a 96 civic dx with no tach. i was wondering if a 96+ automatic cluster would work. my friend has one and he was going to give it to me. but i dont want it if it aint gonna work. so will it? and if so, how do i do it? i would think that the automatic cluster will have more wires and mechanisms? is it possible? thanks for any help.

make sure you are switching from an auto to auto or manual to manual. because there is a difference between the automatic transmission gauge cluster and the manual one. you CANNOT switch between an auto to a manual or visa versa.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Mar 16 2005, 01:59 PM
make sure you are switching from an auto to auto or manual to manual. because there is a difference between the automatic transmission gauge cluster and the manual one. you CANNOT switch between an auto to a manual or visa versa.
[post=474310]Quoted post[/post]​

can too-

i auto>manuel swapped my car currently have a 00 si cluster in myne - there is just a few additional plugs for the auto! but will work!

Originally posted by b204dr+Mar 16 2005, 10:03 AM-->
92dxhatch
@Mar 16 2005, 01:59 PM
[post=474310]Quoted post[/post]​

can too-

i auto>manuel swapped my car currently have a 00 si cluster in myne - there is just a few additional plugs for the auto! but will work!
[post=474313]Quoted post[/post]​

your right, it will work, but what i meant was it's not a direct plug and play. it takes additional work to do. sorry for the confusion

all good - note your car always comes prewired for a tach - just dosnt always have one-
retarded honda sense if you ask me !

thanks for the info. but do any of you guys know how to do it? i dont want to go in blind and end up messing things up. so maybe a how-to page or something. or a explanation of what to do. thanks again.

its really easy to do, take off the plastic trim around the Gauges and unscrew, unplug, and plug back in, now if your going manual to auto or visa versa, theres extra wiring, that i don't know, sorry.

I want to use a 96 automatic civic cluster in my 96 civic dx 5 spd. The automatic cluster has a tach and my dx doesnt. I want to use it because I can get it for free.

its all plug and play simple- match the colors if you dont have the color on for the cluster dont worry cause your car dosnt have it being 5sp!

Back