96 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ96

hey guys i have a 96 civic hatch that is going in on the 16th of this month for the body work and paint to be done, I just want to know if I over looked anything.
I have a veilside body kit for it that has been modified to fit the 96 lights cause the kit is only available for the 99and up models. I bought a vis carbon fiber hood, spoon carbon fiber morrors, A roof scoop, eye lids,. The car is going to be painted 2004 honda si pearl blue. Are there any things that you can think of that would look kick ass on this car. Let me know your opinions Thanks Guys.

<---not into body kits and all that. But if its done right they can look nice.

this thread needs pictures

Hey thanks for your input i am not using the roof scoop i sold it today to my buddy that has a eagle talon. i think the cf eye lids with the hood would be ok i was looking in to a mugen spoiler. Oh the reason i am spending the money on this is because one nice november day i was on my way home from work i was taking a back road home when i come up on this dude in a minivan he was going 20km/ph under the posted speed limit so i followed him for a bit thinking he might turn or sumthin but he didn't so i pulled out to pass he tried to block me from passing but under estamated how fast my car excelerated and ran it to the side of me. If that wasnt enough he then tried to push me off the road. long story short drunk driver his insurance hooked me up with a check for $4000 and there is only $500 damage but the deal was all the money had to go in to body i have to provide them with recepts. I am working on an engine right now it will be in in about 2 months or so its a b16 block with a itr head that has been ported, crt pistons and eagle h beam rods, ctr cams, only thing left is tranny, clutch, axels then she goes in so no worries about the engine department. If you want to check out the bodykit go to veilside.com then go to the usa link. click on aero fashion its a thumb of a bumper, then honda then click on 96 hatch i would copy the pics but it wont let you download the pic for some reason let me know what you guys think

wtf is a roof scoop for anyway?

just--- get it painted... i hate body kitted cars with primer skirting cuz they can't afford paint too. so gay.

A roof scoop is for rally drivers and shit, it brings cold air into the cabin to keep the driver/navigator cool, do you really think one is going to do anythin for you at 25 to 40 mph on a daily basis? Or do you drive on the highway at 110 all the time? In that case you'll freeze your ass off.

Ditch the eyebrows and the roof scoop. They're pointless.

Hey guys roof scoop is gone i sold it to buddy. eye lids are gone to no one seems to like them. The kit looks awsome and it all will be painted no worries. This kit retails for $3000cdn i picked it up for $1000. I wanted the mugen kit but it was like $3000us with shipping. What about a spoiler some one said the spoon one i dont really know if i like it to much.

hey i found some better pics of the spoon spoiler it looks ok. how about this idea cf hood, black roof, cf spoiler & hatch. seen this idea used before it looks trick what do you think?.

no offense, but that kit is hidious. I'm not trying to flame you, you just asked our opinions and mine is that you should have gone with a wings west kit ( I like clean kits, not flamboyant ones). Whatever you do, paint it all the same color INCLUDING THE CF HOOD. Painting things different colors looks completely retarded (and so do unpainted cf hoods). Just my $.02

Hey thanks for the in put cf hood is not going to be painted well the sides are from the inner part of the lights to the top corner will be painted. Whats the point of spending like $600 on a cf hood if your gona paint it they look so sweet. Wings west has the same kit for sale it a knock off from veilside. i already have a Big mouth kit on it now it sucks A** it warped over the summer from the heat it sages under the lights. never buying wings west again. in my opinion mass production sucks for quality this kit i got is one off hand built they are moulded when they are ordered so they are of the highest quality.

Talk to loco if you want to start a real fight about the cf hoods. I just think they look gay. CF hoods are pretty worthless anyway. They arnt light enough to matter. Now if you had a full cf body....

exactly you said it cf hoods arnt light enough to matter anyway. that is why i bought it for show if i was building the car to go fast and not have looks then i would paint the whole car tha same and there would be no kit the point of the car is going to be for attention i am opening my own shop in the next year or so and want to bring some attention to my self you cant do it with a stock looking car right. i'm not fighting bro the point of buying a cf hood is because you can, because you have the money, and to show off isnt that why we all do up our cars for attention besides the joy of driving.

Ok, I can respect that. If you know that your not adding +200whp for a type AAARRRRRRR super duper carbon fiber hood thats good. There are too many ricers out there saying "my cf hood is like 20lbs lighter than the stock one...thats like 200 more hp!" (note the exageration)

Back