97 Civic Ex Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fo Sho Pros

I was just wondering if the b16a2 would bolt right in to replace the stock d16....and how much would i expect to pay for the swap, i found the motor for $2350(complete changeover) on www.hmotorsonline.com

also(off the engine topic but oh well) if i bought the 99-00 si headlights and a hood, front bumper, and fenders to fit to it, would that all bolt right on?.......and im assuming that the 99-00 stock half and half taillights will bolt right in on a 97, correct me if im wrong

Thanks alot, and give me any comments or suggestions

-Ryan

I know the tailights will bolt right up cuz one of friends did that. He had a 96 coupe and he put 99 Si tailights on it.
Good luck with the swap and the whole headlight project.

Originally posted by Fo Sho Pros@Mar 4 2003, 10:48 PM
I was just wondering if the b16a2 would bolt right in to replace the stock d16....and how much would i expect to pay for the swap, i found the motor for $2350(complete changeover) on www.hmotorsonline.com

also(off the engine topic but oh well) if i bought the 99-00 si headlights and a hood, front bumper, and fenders to fit to it, would that all bolt right on?.......and im assuming that the 99-00 stock half and half taillights will bolt right in on a 97, correct me if im wrong

Thanks alot, and give me any comments or suggestions

-Ryan

hey u from so cali?

Man..a b16a2 for 2350? a bit much...live near SD? i can help you find one for much cheaper..complete motor for under 1.8k..if you live in or near SD..please feel free to I/M me..i'm willing to help out anyone in the near area..i hate seeing people get ripped off..i don't personally sell these motors so don't worry about me trying to make a "pretty penny" off you...i just have friends who have connections directly with the sellers..this way the middle man is cut out..thus saving you oodles and oodles of $.

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 5 2003, 02:26 AM
Man..a b16a2 for 2350? a bit much...live near SD? i can help you find one for much cheaper..complete motor for under 1.8k..if you live in or near SD..please feel free to I/M me..i'm willing to help out anyone in the near area..i hate seeing people get ripped off..i don't personally sell these motors so don't worry about me trying to make a "pretty penny" off you...i just have friends who have connections directly with the sellers..this way the middle man is cut out..thus saving you oodles and oodles of $.

yooooooo

im in so cali, bout 2 hours from sd...can u get a b6a2 with low miles and receipts for 1.8k?

holla

I'm from Richmond, VA. Not much to see out here, theres a few people with motors around. Most of the people around here are doing show stuff, like my friend who lives across the street put R33 Skyline Tail lights in his civic, i will post some pics if you guys want to see it, they are pretty clean....I want a motor before i do anything though.....just get that all done and then work on show.....but yea im in Richmond so I dont know how cheap I could find it here, does anyone know about how much it would cost for installation, since i guess its just some extra wiring or so.....

Thanks,

- Ryan

Check the salvage yards in your area,before you rush and buy a motor from a place on line.

yea, if you want to put all of the 99 spec civic stuff in there. you can, you have to buy all of it to put it on though. the taillights will bolt on no problem. if you're going to get the whole 99 front end, you'll be fine. you can probably bolt the 99 spec on your civic. but i believe the grills from the 99-00 to the 96-98's are different. the 99 specs is a little wider as opposed to the 96-98 ek's.

so it will bolt right up if you buy all the parts like you said. the only difference with the 96-98 to 99-00 is the front end. the rest is the same, and the taillights of course. good luck. :p

My friend told me there is a warehouse in northern VA that has them for $1300, dont know what you get with it though, ill just have to check it out, thanks for the help

-Ryan

Back