'97 CRV engine swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wbeckwith

My son blew the engine in his '97 CRV. Have located 2002 CRV engine. Would it work? Would the computer need to be swapped also? Anything else?
thanks-bill

No, the 2002 CR-V in the US will have a K-Series engine, your son's 1997 has a B-Series.

You should look for a B-series from a 1996-2001 CR-V.

98 B20B4 to 99 B20Z

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have the opportunity to buy a 98 B20B4 engine and want to know what I would have to do to make this work in my 99 CR-V AWD Manual.
Thanks,
Jeff

climber.. Nothing is needed to do the swap.. just swap the motor out.. make sure you have the intake manifold with you b20b cause it's a different manifold setup on the b20z

any update on this? i want to do an engine swap too. any way i can get a v6 from an accord or something?

You could do the J swap, or a K swap, if you have a B series CRV should be mostly the same as any into a B series chassis for the particular engine. I always wanted to do a H22 swap into a CRV.

You could do the J swap, or a K swap, if you have a B series CRV should be mostly the same as any into a B series chassis for the particular engine. I always wanted to do a H22 swap into a CRV.

i'm sorry, can you elaborate what a j an k swap is?

Back