97 Integra LS needs work! woo haa!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Ok.. my 97 integra LS has been feeling a little sluggish lately. I did a compression test tonight, and it read: #1,180 #2,175 #3,180 #4, 120. ACK! 120!.. A cap full of oil in each cylinder bumped it to 220 all the way across, so I assume the rings in #4 are toast. Swap time.

So, what to swap? I've heared that F22s are crap. I don't know why, it just seems to be the general concensus. So I am considering the H22..

Arguements for and against the H22/F22 swaps? Also considering a GSR swap, but the price of GSR engines is pretty killer. The car is still driveable and isn't smoking at all (I find that very ODD)

Input? Ideas? Suggestions?

H22!!!!
Ive always wanted to do an h22 in my integra that i had, or the civic that i had, but then did the b16 crx.
F22 is worthless imo.
What are your goals for the car, we can give you better advise if you tell us that.
And it would be on a fo'do'? pimp, :lol: do the h22! mine was a fodo!

Goals for the car: Daily driver/Family car/ and occasional/recreational 1/4 mile.. Sleeper preferred. : B)

Anyone know why the F22 is crap?

AND.. H22/H23... Info needed.

h22: need: mounts, axles, custom teg outer prelude inner, or avid/some place that makes them, shifter assembly.

F22 really has no support, h22 is the better choice, more parts, more potential.

Oh and h22 = sleeper.

I haven't seen anyone do an F20B, but you should do that to be Rare.
If i had the money i'd do it.
Basically same stuff and amount of work as the h22 is needed.
Axles,wiring,shiftlinkage,mounts.
ebay usually has an F20B going for around $2500 complete swap.
Also known as "h22 blue top" for some reason. :huh:
200hp
15X tq

Just a note..you talked about price, but an H22 is going to end up at the same as a GSR cost wise after buying mounts, and any other small details that pop up like axles, hoses, etc.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 17 2005, 03:43 AM
Just a note..you talked about price, but an H22 is going to end up at the same as a GSR cost wise after buying mounts, and any other small details that pop up like axles, hoses, etc.
[post=541098]Quoted post[/post]​

My thought exactly.. GSR motors are running around $2600 at the moment.. H22s are running around $2000.. So why not get the H22? By the time the swap is done I would have spent almost the same money, but in the end, I'll have .4 more liters.

And this is all assuming the bottom end of the b18b1 is toast. If it just happens to be head trouble, I'll just fix it and ls/vtec the bastard.

Back