97 V6 accord swap to h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Grimace

I want to swap out my v6 engine in my 97 4dr accord and put in a h22 has anybody done this before that can tell me if I need new mounts or just how long it took them to do, or if I should take it somewhere and how much will that cost?

thankx

To my knowledge nothing can stop the grimace.

You won't need any custom mounts. I've never touched the V6, but I imagine that you can use the same mounts. At the very least, if you get a "full" swap, which would include Prelude mounts that weren't cut/destroyedm then you can use them and be fine for three of the corners. You'll have to frankenstein the driver's side mount (half Prelude and half Accord) which shouldn't be a problem either.

no not at all.

the c-series v6 will NOT bolt in to a 4-cyl accord frame.

sell the car. buy an I4- accord.

See, that's what I get for trying to put up useful posts on two beers and a margarita. :)

pissedoffsol your reply is backwards then what I am asking. Will a 4cyl engine bolt into a c series frame?

the c-series v6 will NOT bolt in to a 4-cyl accord frame.

I don't want to put a v6 in my accord I already have one and want to put a h22 4-cyl in there

i think that it b is just using basic thought process

if a does not = b
then b does not = a

What are the specs on that v6 (other then that it is an automatic?) Where there v6 sticks in other countrys or any other stick tranny that would bolt up to it? (european?) If there where put them in there and work from there. The major advantage to it is that it has displacement. (also a decent amount of hp.) If no is the basic answer to all my questions then sell your car, you are taking away from the cars value if you take out the v6. It is almost like you are down grading in performance. If you get a i4 accord and put an h22 in there, you will see an increased value of the car.

Originally posted by The Grimace@Dec 30 2002, 09:45 PM
pissedoffsol your reply is backwards then what I am asking. Will a 4cyl engine bolt into a c series frame?

same shit dude-- it wont fit.

I4 accord will not hold a c-series
v6 accord will not hold an f- or h-series

Back