98 b18b w/98 GS-R auto tranny into 93 auto Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88bluehf

ok first things first. this is not my car, it is my fiances car and she refuses to drive stick.
performed a search and found nothing
i have a 98 b18b with a 98gsr auto tranny and a 94 p75 auto ecu. her car was originally automatic so most the wiring i need is already there so i have no issues with that. my question is what am going to do about the mounting locations can i use all stock mounting points and the stock b mounts since theyr'e both automatics or do i have to piece together a series of random mounts from various cars. i would like to get this figured out before i start the swap. thanks in advance for the help.

about that tcm? i got it from the tegy but cant find where it goes on the civic. 93 cx auto. how do i hook it up

No, the B series auto will not fit. It doesn't matter that you had a D series auto. The mounts are different and the tranny is physically bigger.

Your second problem is that the 95 and newer autos are fully electronic, while your Del Sol was only partly electronic. So your assumption that the wiring is all set for you is wrong.

If you want to put an auto B series into a 5th generation Civic or Del Sol, you need to get an auto tranny from a 92 or 93 Integra. NOT 90 or 91 and not 94+. The 92 and 93 are partially electronic just like the D series autos from your 5th gen. And also, the trannies are smaller and will fit into your EG. You use a combination of the Integra and your Del Sol's mounts.

Lastly, I don't believe there is any benefit to having a JDM GSR auto trans vs an LS.

You guys realize this thread is 5 years old, the guy probably figured this out.

Back