98' B18c1 Into 6th Gen Civic Ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jagtrading

I have a quick tech question. It's my first swap and I' m dropping a 98 usdm b18c1 into my 98 honda civic ex/ 5-speed.

I got the motor/tranny/shift linkage/axels/and p72 ecu, however I didn't get a wiring harness that goes to the ecu. does this matter or could I use the one from the car, if so would i need to do any serious wiring? and if any of you have done this swap before I would love some pointers/tips/hints

thanks

jeff :worthy:

do u still have a harness on the b18? if not, use your d16y8 motor harness and use the p72 ecu and if it is an obd2 ecu then it should be plug and play. Not to sure though.

Originally posted by 2slow@Mar 25 2003, 10:12 PM
Your stock harness will work but you may need to add the aib.

add the aib? I dont wanna sound dumb but i have no idea what that is or how to add it. can you help? :worthy:

Originally posted by seeingred@Mar 25 2003, 09:29 PM
do u still have a harness on the b18? if not, use your d16y8 motor harness and use the p72 ecu and if it is an obd2 ecu then it should be plug and play. Not to sure though.

still new to this try and bear with me. the engine harness your refering to the harness that goes from the engine to the ecu right? :huh:

you will need to use your factory wiring harness and then hard wire the knock sensor as well as the aib's. or you could get a skunk2 intake manifold so that you can eliminate the aibs. the best way to do what you are trying to do is.... skunk2 intake manfold, skunk2 obd1 conversion harness and a reprogrammed p28 ecu. please feel free to contact me at my shop if you need more help

Originally posted by HOOKUPSPROCRX@Mar 26 2003, 11:20 AM
you will need to use your factory wiring harness and then hard wire the knock sensor as well as the aib's. or you could get a skunk2 intake manifold so that you can eliminate the aibs. the best way to do what you are trying to do is.... skunk2 intake manfold, skunk2 obd1 conversion harness and a reprogrammed p28 ecu. please feel free to contact me at my shop if you need more help

my car is a 98 ex and my motor is a 98 b18c1 both are obd2...why would i want a obd1 ecu ? :blink:

Back