98 honda Lx turns off while driving sometimes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1996cool

the car sometimes runs fine for a day or two then it turns off while driving . I think it might be the fuel pump going bad.any advice the car has 115000 miles. also would the fuel pump just stop working and not work at all or would it work fine one day and the next it will screw up ...my car turns off for a minute , <_< sometimes I have to crank th engine a little longer for it to start...

assuming it is an accord they had an ignition switch recall....

which is exactly the conditon you are describing..

call your local honda dealer and give them your vin number and they will tell you

I believe 96-98 civics have that recall too, Because I have a 98 civic lx and I got the recall notice last summer, and it was for the ignition switch and it said " faulty ignition switch can cause car to stall ". But maybe not in those words. So definitly get that checked out.

Originally posted by hondadriver@Jun 23 2005, 10:07 PM
I believe 96-98 civics have that recall too, Because I have a 98 civic lx and I got the recall notice last summer, and it was for the ignition switch and it said " faulty ignition switch can cause car to stall ". But maybe not in those words. So definitly get that checked out.
[post=515874]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for your help.......but we are talking about a civic honda 1998 Lx right ?

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Jun 24 2005, 09:59 AM
doesn't matter it id a dx, lx, ex or hx they all have the same ignitions.
[post=516007]Quoted post[/post]​

ok thank you guys for the info....

Back