99-00 B16a2 Into A 5th Gen Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94civicex

i got a 94 civic ex and i'm getting a b16a2(99-00 si) with the tranny and a 94-95 gsr ecu, what else do i need to complete the swap, i know i need a gsr shift linkage and gsr axles. am i missing anything else. also how long will it take me to do the swap and how hard is it. also wll everything just hook up when i drop the motor in (harnesses, mounts,etc...). i'm just trying to be really sure before i try to do anything. also i will be doing the swap along with my brother and maybe my cousin or some of my friends. i'm more mechanically inclined than my brother, but he knows a good amount of stuff. i also did a swap in a lx when i was working in a mechanic shop, but it was for the same engine as before. i've also did about three tranny's with the guy i was working with and a couple of other stuff.

use the d16z engine wiring harness and add a wire for the knock sensor. or run a chipped p28 and do next to no wiring.

also, where are you located? my dad is looking for a p28 in his 95 hatchback, as i just put a d16z in it.

thanks, chet...if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Are you interested in selling the d16z6 head? Let me know! Want one for a Mini Me Project. See if the Mini Me can out perform a Del Sol SI.

first of all you can use the integra axles or the stock si axle..
your car already has a knock sensor so you dont need to add that wire...next is the vtec solenoid and pressure ....you need different rear bracket and side tranny bracket...from a del sol dohc vtec...oh yeah if you have the stock si shift linkage it will work ..dont need to change it...

Originally posted by longlee@Jan 20 2003, 06:16 AM
first of all you can use the integra axles or the stock si axle..
...oh yeah if you have the stock si shift linkage it will work ..dont need to change it...

No you can't use stock si axles because D series use a one piece axle and the Bseries uses a intermidiate shaft.And you can't use a D series shiftlinkage.And 94's don't run a knock sensor.Though yes I do believe he'd need the rear mount from the B16A2,but since he already said mounts he's got em

i think he was referring to the 99-00 stock si axels.... and in that case, they will work.

as for the gsr ecu, don't run it on anything but a gsr. the IAB 2ndaries are not found, and it will throw a code.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 20 2003, 08:45 AM
i think he was referring to the 99-00 stock si axels.... and in that case, they will work.

Oops :D

Originally posted by badnasty@Jan 13 2003, 09:51 PM
Are you interested in selling the d16z6 head? Let me know! Want one for a Mini Me Project. See if the Mini Me can out perform a Del Sol SI.

The 93-95 del Sol Si came with a D16z6.....

Originally posted by Happyman+Jan 20 2003, 02:14 PM-->
@Jan 13 2003, 09:51 PM

The 93-95 del Sol Si came with a D16z6.....

Yes it did,but he wants to see if the d16z6 head on his block will out perform just the d16z6.It also came in the civic si and ex.

I thought the B16a2 doesn't have a seperate VTEC oil pressure switch, and all controls go throught the solenoid spool valve?
An OBD1 P28 ECU will look for a vtec oil pressure switch to be wired to it (can't remember which pin) or it will throw a code and VTEC won't work. How can you get round this when using a B16a2?

Back