99-00 Front End On 96 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

htrcivic96sir

didnt know wether to put this in anything goes or swap: wanted to know if i would have to swap the top member of the front bulkhead for head lights and hood latch? i want to go 99-00 becuase it looks better then the 96-98 plus my car is still wrecked and all the front end parts need to be replaced anyway. if any one knows where i can get the parts for cheap let me know.

Yeah, aren't the bumpers different and just the headlights? I thought the headlights were same size just different styling, same with bumpers.

ok this is what you need.

hood
Fenders
Bumper
Grill
Headlights
radiator support

everything will blot right up, I haven't found out if you need new under body and fender trim yet but I'll know soon enough. I wouldn't recomend wasting money on this unless you've been in a front end wreck. and this is in the wrong forum

thanx for the info but i know for a fact i WONT need a radiator support. my hole front end is off ( hood ,fenders, bumper,lights and grill) and the supports are still on because the bulkhead is still on. the 99-00 front end looks better then mine and my car HAS been wrecked, this is why i was wondering....plus converting to 99-00 front end wouldnt be a waist on a non-wrecked car if you are planning to do after market fenders/projectors/hood/airdam. no offense BUT please read the post before replying next time because so far im still at zero......DO I CHANGE BULKHEADS OR ARE THEY THE SAME is my main question....and yes the car is wrecked.......AND it would be nice to hear from someone thats done the swap.

Basically everthing that holds up the head lights, fenders and bumper. it consists of:

Right and Left panel sets
Crossmember
"Stay" set
Bulkhead frame ( top where fenders bolt, head lights bolt, and hood latches)

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Mar 15 2003, 05:25 PM
thanx for the info but i know for a fact i WONT need a radiator support. my hole front end is off ( hood ,fenders, bumper,lights and grill) and the supports are still on because the bulkhead is still on. the 99-00 front end looks better then mine and my car HAS been wrecked, this is why i was wondering....plus converting to 99-00 front end wouldnt be a waist on a non-wrecked car if you are planning to do after market fenders/projectors/hood/airdam. no offense BUT please read the post before replying next time because so far im still at zero......DO I CHANGE BULKHEADS OR ARE THEY THE SAME is my main question....and yes the car is wrecked.......AND it would be nice to hear from someone thats done the swap.

ok I offered knowlledgable advice but you had to get a smart ass attitude. I have talked to many people who had done this conversion at that time and had most of the parts to do it myself, now I have done the swap so if you would like to curb your attitude and listen I will again tell you what I said before. YES YOU DO NEED THE RADIATOR SUPPRT. This is the thing you keep calling the "bulkhead" its a car not a boat. here is a link of what it looks like Radiator Support Its not 100% needed but the bumper will not fit right and you will have to cut it if you use your existing one. You can get them for around $40 from most aftermarket body parts companies, I'm not sure what they run from honda. Otherwise everything will bolt up. and yes this is a HUGE waste of money for people who haven't wrecked their car as even adding aftermarket fenders, headlights and other things is a huge waste of money.

Sorry if i came off as having an ATTITUDE. Thanx for your info but the swap isn't going on the car. Yes it is a huge waste of money IF your car hasnt been wrecked..... And for the smartass remark you meant Submarine not boat. And it is called the front bulk head..the radiator support would be the BOTTOM and top crossmembers....PARTS of the bulk head..... and if you call honda.... ask them what the whole front assembly is called.....Front bulk head
and ive tryed ordering the part and it comes as the same piece. :blink:

Back