99 Soch Vtec Into A 4dr 1989 Lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nash

y0, i thinnking about a little project!
ya well i already have the motor, and i'm still looking for the car. Besides the motor how many more stuff do i need to complete the swap. I've got the exsiting ecu from that motor, so void that. I guess i need to mounts?? a harness? transmission i got, what do i need for the tran swap.??
thanks

peace
nash

Holy fucking electriction batman.. odb 2 to odb 0 isn't the easiest easiest thing. Sell it and get a obd 1 sohc vtec.

go to locashracing.com and see if they can build you an ecu harness that goes from obd0 to obd2 tell them what your project is and everything. you should not need new mounts for this swap, the other thing is the tranny is hydro and that car has a cable transmission, you could either use the tanny that came with the car, or try to get a 4th gen SI tranny which has better gearing.
Good Luck...

Originally posted by nash@Jan 20 2003, 11:40 AM
y0, i thinnking about a little project!
ya well i already have the motor, and i'm still looking for the car. Besides the motor how many more stuff do i need to complete the swap. I've got the exsiting ecu from that motor, so void that. I guess i need to mounts?? a harness? transmission i got, what do i need for the tran swap.??
thanks

peace
nash

OK it's not that hard. You should consider making it OBD1 though. You would need to get a 4g civic si/ex tranny although yours will work, forget using the y8's tranny it's hydro and you have cable. The mounts all will work you will need to add some wires, but it's doable. I have a how to for obd0 to obd1 and a how to for obd1 to obd2, so I guess technically you could make it all work.

So to sum it up if you feel like you can do the rewiring, cut, splice, add wires than it won't be hard.

Back