a header my buddy made!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

this is his 2nd header and i think he made a 2 turbo mani's click here for the the thread on my site

Click here for his 1st header

hey guys
i have been pretty absent from the site for awhile now but thats only because i have been busting ass in the shop. thought i would show you guys a header i made for a 1.8L DOHC honda. everything was done for a reason. the primaries were done like that as an extension of the ports, and are sized to the engine and it's powerband. when you look inside the collector, that was done to prevent reversion. this header also recieved a ported venturi after the collector. look for dyno results within 2 weeks. i think it will make at least 10+whp over the DC 4-2-1 it will be tested against. enjoy!!

1.JPG

2%7E0.JPG

3.JPG

4%7E0.JPG

5%7E0.JPG

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 17 2005, 10:07 AM
does it fit in an engine bay though. Looks good but really extended.
[post=513369]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree, it seems almost unneccesarily far from the block... how's it dyno compared to others (or have you not had the chance).

Originally posted by wanderinman+Jun 17 2005, 09:15 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jun 17 2005, 10:07 AM
does it fit in an engine bay though. Looks good but really extended.
[post=513369]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree, it seems almost unneccesarily far from the block... how's it dyno compared to others (or have you not had the chance).
[post=513373]Quoted post[/post]​

he wouldn't go thru the trouble to make and have it not fit.

his 1st header he made almost had 11 hp over a after market header
123456.JPG

hei s making them for other people..... right now for friends and what not, i have no idea what he charges

both look like a direct copy of the an-r.com designs.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 17 2005, 10:47 AM
both look like a direct copy of the an-r.com designs.
[post=513411]Quoted post[/post]​

there different but close
b
an-r
stand2.JPG

rdr
1.JPG

the an-r is twisted more near the colector

d
an-r
dheader.jpg

rdr
12345.JPG

the an-r is clearly way different

bah, both headers won't clear in my CRX, my mount kit sits the motor a little closer to the front of the car than most other kits. If I get my tractions bars, then maybe i'll hit you up.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Jun 17 2005, 12:53 PM
looks like a waste of piping to me, But i don't run a header on my car. so what do i know.
[post=513457]Quoted post[/post]​

he makes turbo mani's too

That collector is a pipe flow annalyst's nightmare, but looks good overall. How did he size the pipes? Did he do any pipe tuning of sorts, or just copy an idea that was already in use and modify it for himself? just curious, not bashing on your friend of course. I can't be overly critical, because I have no idea how to even weld yet. next on my to learn list. props to your friend for being a cool enough guy to make you a header. now you just need another sheetmetal master friend to fab you some nice front fenders to cover those big slicks. :)

he is going to school for automotive engineering so i think he did everything for a reason... also he runs a crab setup on his eg and he talks to people like bisimoto i am sure he knows whats up

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jun 18 2005, 09:14 AM
he is going to school for automotive engineering so i think he did everything for a reason... also he runs a crab setup on his eg and he talks to people like bisimoto i am sure he knows whats up
[post=513718]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm just saying that there are better ways to prevent flow reversion, which is the reason he stated for doing the collector that way. a properly designed venturi would easily take care of the flow reversion problem, but I'm glad he is going to school in that particuar field. Like I said, I wasn't knocking him, just saying from an aerodynamics viewpoint, coming from someone with a background in aero, that pipe flow at that collector will be a major bottleneck in his design. I'm sure he'll find that out when he hits his fluid dynamics courses. But good job so far. I wish I had a buddy that would make me headers. I'm jealous :)

Back