AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NissanNiNjA2nd

I have been doing turbo math for the last 3 hours strait... my brain hurts and my eyes are starting to blur.. I have read articles, I have plotted compressor maps, I have studied many ways of going about it and I have come down to one conclusion... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK I AM DOING!

So I seek the help of the all knowing hondaswap peoples....

What all do you need to know... displacement in cubics is 96.... I think thats about the size of most honda 1.6s.....its an E16i... the shitiest motor ever built by nissan.. the bottom is going to be built up and heads have already been ported drastically. when all is said and done I want to putting about 300 fwhp on the ground.. and right now I am in the process of making everything else capable of with standing that. I just want to get and idea of turbo size.... will a T3/T4 push the Cfm required to do that... or not the injectors are off of a 1g DSM... 440s i think and the intercooler is in the works but nothing has yet been layed out for this....

the hp number is not set and if I only end up with 250... then I end up with 250 and I dont really care, the car is about projects... I just want to turbo what is in there then next project will be something else. anyway.. help is good... and dont refer me to some other topic... I have read almost all of them over that past week... or atleast the ones i could find that would help me...

I have seen t28 off of the s15s pushing out 28 psi and making about what I want on the ground.... but that is out of a slightly smaller and less compression motor...

help me....

don't know what to tell you man, every motor even with the same code acts a hair different and will produce different numbers.....

sorry.....

I think a T3/T4 is probabl y gonna be the best for this aplication. though ther are other turbos that would be suited this would be my choice.

from what it sounds like if you don't mind 250rwhp, then I would go with a nice new S15 turbo with tanaka lines.....that should hit in the upper 290's to the wheels, and with a factory turbo.

I plan to go a very similar route, maybe disco potato

Wouldnt a GT28rs be just a little to big for a 1.6?? its a built to4b isnt it?? so we are talking spooling at what... 3500? for max boost

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Sep 10 2004, 10:24 AM
Wouldnt a GT28rs be just a little to big for a 1.6?? its a built to4b isnt it?? so we are talking spooling at what... 3500? for max boost
[post=388534]Quoted post[/post]​

No, thats the turbo edelbrock is using in their kit for the d16y8 and b16a2.

So I have been ploting this stuff across the disco compressor maps.... and basically It will work almost perfectly.....

THANK YOU MILAN AND BRIAN!

Back