above 100 mph my car sways like a boat...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 10 2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah- that would be the entire car acting as a lifting body, not just a wing. The wing on the Sol could easily generate enough drag to limit top speed though.
[post=400785]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: Those apc wings and just about any other non custom built spoiler don't do anything but add more weight and drag to the car. You'd also be surprised how much one degree angle of attack change can affect the performance of a spoiler.

:werd:

I still want to build an undertray and diffuser system for the Civic- but there's almost no ground clearance as it is.

no shit. i didnt know that,thanx man. well guess i'm not gettin the jdm ecu. if i chipped it wouldn't i risk over revving my car and floating the valves ? only thing that's got me from chipping. do u guys think the ecu is fine if i'm going to turbo my b18? the whole "turbo" convo. is for a new thread.

You might risk floating a valve if you set the rev limiter too high, but the speed cut is a completely different thing. With a custom program, you can set the speed limiter and rev limiter to whatever you want. If you're able to chip the ECU you have now, then it will also be ok when you go turbo- just burn another program onto a new chip, or run a Hondata or Uberdata setup.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 16 2004, 08:27 AM
:werd:

I still want to build an undertray and diffuser system for the Civic- but there's almost no ground clearance as it is.
[post=403383]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll do one for ya when I get out of school. You just pay for the cfd analysis :)

Back