Accord engine noise on accelerating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hiya1432

Hey,
So I recently bought a 2001 v4 accord ex 5spd. I noticed a noise from the engine when I accelerate and usually starts around 2400-2700 rpm. I hear it mostly in first gear, but it is quieter when i shift to second(which again starts in the upper 2k rpm) and can't really hear if it happens in third or higher. The noise doesn't happen when I'm in neutral. The noise gets louder as the rpm go up. It kind of sounds like a grinding or maybe knocking noise. I just changed oil with mobile1 10w30, lucas and engine restorer and no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for reading/helping

Ya it goes away when i disengage it. When i go into first I don't hear it until I get up to like 2-2.5k rpm. When I do hear it, it kinda sounds like this Noise while accelerating - YouTube. Not my car obviously, but I'm trying to record a video of what it sounds like, but the audio is bad. Sounds like that like 1/2-1/4 of the time when I start from neutral to first at 2whatever rpm

Back