accord rear hub bearing, help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sleeper00

i have 92 accord lx with ex rear disk brake swap, my rear hub bearing went bad, can i just change the bearing and keep the factory hub?? if yes where can i buy just the bearing? or is it better to change the whole hub assembly? and where i can buy the hub assembly?? cos i m having problem finding it online, the 1 i found is for drum brake. thank you.

Bearing need to be pressed in. You would need to either bring the car to a shop or bring the parts to the shop so they can press it in. Unless you have all the tools to press it in yourself.

When I had mine done, I got both replaced in the rear and it only cost me $100 for parts and labor.

The rear isn't pressed in. The front is as well as the front rotors. Take the back rotor off. You can just slide the bearing off.. depending on how bad it is. Mine came apart in two peices and the back half took some flat head screw driver maneuvering. I had someone help me pry it with one screw driver while I did the other so we could get equal leverage on both sides. It's super easy depending on how easy it is to take your set up apart. had this done in 40 min. Just get the rear wheel bearing you don't need the whole assembly.

Edit: sorry I think the hub does come with the bearing as one piece.

Last edited:
i need to know where i can buy the bearing, honda dealer doesn't just sell the bearing , they sell the whole hub assembly for $217, i just want to know where to buy the bearing or hub assembly, i know how to change it.

thanks, is there any other places? what about just the bearing?? y is it so hard to find for disk brake? most of them i found is for drum brake, and the problem its i swap my drum to disk.

They had it listed right there for the rear disc. I'm not sure where else. I get my honda parts from the dealer for 5% over cost so I usually don't buy anything anywhere else.

The rear isn't pressed in. The front is as well as the front rotors. Take the back rotor off. You can just slide the bearing off.. depending on how bad it is. Mine came apart in two peices and the back half took some flat head screw driver maneuvering. I had someone help me pry it with one screw driver while I did the other so we could get equal leverage on both sides. It's super easy depending on how easy it is to take your set up apart. had this done in 40 min. Just get the rear wheel bearing you don't need the whole assembly.

Edit: sorry I think the hub does come with the bearing as one piece.

Is that just for Accords? According to the shop I went to and the parts place I was inquiring at for my CRX, I was informed they were pressed in.

Positive. I did in my drive way a year ago, still going smooth. It probably is just for the CRX/Civic/Integra. Just like the front rotors on the 90-93 Accord are press in, maybe older but idk, and they aren't on any other model I know of.. maybe odyssey.

Is that just for Accords? According to the shop I went to and the parts place I was inquiring at for my CRX, I was informed they were pressed in.

no george rear wheel bearings on civic/crx/integra are not pressed in unless you are talking about a EW then im not sure they may be

Back