accord swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what other engines can swaped into 90 accord besides an h22? what mods will need to be done?

H22A, H23A, F22A, F22B, F20A,F20B

Pretty much any H or F series engine will bolt right up. Not the RWD F20C from the S2000 that I know of. What needs to be done depends on your current engine and chassis. But to go from the bottom of the barrel to the cream of the crop(F22 to H22), just requires a few minor modifications and some wiring. Even a NOOB with $2000 give or take could do it. I did. I'm not a NOON any longer, but only because you learn so much each time.

H23 still has a knock sensor and IAB to wire, and same accessory problems as H22. JDM F22B would be OK too.

Most other swaps aren't even worth the trouble, unless you have blown your motor, etc. That is how I came across the H22 myself. I blew my engine. I swapped in a F22A4 that I bought for cheap. It lasted two days and started knocking. ~$300 and two days out of my life later, I was dedicated. I said fuck it. I'm doing it. I went without a car for close to two months waiting for a deal on my motor. I got one. I swapped my engine again. My car is on it's third motor. Last year I swapped a motor for my buddy into his 94 Accord. Within the next month, I'll be putting in his brother's motor into another 92 Accord.

Whatever works for you.

Back