ACT, Exedy, Fidanza, Centerforce, etc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have the Exedy Racing Clutch Kit and an ACT flywheel. Feels great and no problems so far - installed over two years now, not sure of the mileage. ;)

:withstupid:
Have it for my LS/V, 30k miles and still going. No slippage yet! :lol:

Whether or not a clutch slips depends on your driving. Frankly I dont see how you guys are killing clutches so fast, I've got 145,000 on the factory clutch, and it still grips like a mofo unless I'm being abusive.

EDIT: Never back down from a challenge at a light, and multiple trips to the drag strip on it.

Originally posted by wanderinman@May 30 2005, 02:27 PM
Whether or not a clutch slips depends on your driving. Frankly I dont see how you guys are killing clutches so fast, I've got 145,000 on the factory clutch, and it still grips like a mofo unless I'm being abusive.

EDIT: Never back down from a challenge at a light, and multiple trips to the drag strip on it.
[post=505345]Quoted post[/post]​

Im deciding on a clutch too...shoudl i go clutchmasters stage 3, exedy stage 1 or act hdss? Im looking for close to stock pedal pressure but still grips well

Dude. You guys. :(

Exedy MAKES the pressure plates FOR a.c.t. :slap:

a.c.t IS superior in all aspects, except for the fact that Exedy clutches are great for low horspower apps and they are a hell of alot cheaper.

Centershit is just that. I might consider a dual friction if I owned a mustang and had nothing but bolt ons. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure an exedy clutch and fidanza flywheel will be fine for you. Just make sure you don't go too light with the flywheel or it will be VERY hard to drive on the street. 11-12 pounds should be about the limit.

back to the top

toasted an OE exedy disc in my sohc turbo
re-read this thread and it seems ACT will be the clutch for me
but how advanced should I go? what stage etc?

and i can pick up a used fidanze flywheel, i need to make an offer
the insert on the used flywheel is SMOKED, inserts go for about 50+ shipping, should i go used? or just get a new flywheel?

Back