Adj FPR Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slow&Delirious

isn't fast or furious
So last night i bough an Adj Fuel Pressure regulator for my D15B 95 Del Sol. I researched a thread on here where a member installed a AFPR by cutting the tip off the factory one and putting the two together. However the brand that i bought has a Gauge mounted on the side of it (Its DNA Mototrsport) and i was wondering about installing it. I did buy it off ebay just because it was $20. I tried to find instalation instructions on google but it didnt help that much. I think i have to mount it on the fire wall and hook it in some other way rather than mounting it back on the fuel rail. Any help or feedback would be a huge help, and since I dont have it yet i really dont know anything at all.

why are u getting an AFPR? you dont need to upgrade the fuel psi. its not going to add any HP. if any, you will lose HP, u dont have the supporting mods- frm what i read- to upgrade ur fuel psi.

Last edited:
yea.. u dont need it.. waste of money, even if it was $20

yes i realize there is not a real performance increase from getting it, but one day i might get a turbo for it and when i do it will be there, untill then its just something that will look cool either on my shelf or under my hood. But i solved my own problem I purchased a fuel rail adaptor so i can mount it on the firewall (if i decide to use it) and i wont have to modify the OEM one.

u would be throwing in more fuel than needed. The ECU has to compensate by tryin to lean out the mixture on the long term fuel trim table.. (rich) mixture. lessHP

Last edited:
Basic upgrades ie. air intake, larger intake mainfold, headers and a glasspack muffler allows it to breathe better so more air in the cylinder requires more fuel. not a hole lot of fuel but more fuel none the less. I agree it wont be a noticable change right now, but i know it wont hurt my performance.

in my case the ecu would adjust for small upgrades like i have, but the fuel trim works in a very small range because its not a MAF car.

But back to the rason i bought it, Price and Looks
pointless yes, waste of money maybe, hurt my MPG maybe, Hurt my performance No

I wouldn't trust a $20 ebay AFPR, period. Not even over my stock regulator. If you are going to buy something that controls the amount of fuel to your engine... especially in turbo applications, I would get a good brand, like an accufab, aem, bbk or somthing.

Back