adjusting boost on a little 18g

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigNate

how do you change the boost? is there a way to adjust the arm for the wastegate got turn boost down? racline, who i got it off of, said it was set about 9.7- 10 psi.. i only want 8 MAX.

so am i just gonna run the controller off the vaccum line comming from the wastegate????

you'll have to get a new actuator. you can't turn boost down with a boost controller... only up from the wastefate.

10psi from an 18g is fine for a stock b16. give it good fuel and tune, and have fun :)

yeah i was thinkin about just leavin it at that, because 10 psi from a little turbo is different from 10 psi on a bigger turbo so, i think it should handle 10 psi from a little guy... i got some DSM 450's and a walbro 255.. that should do it for my fuel, and i plan on having it tuned. my luck as soon as i put boost to it my damn seats and rings are gonna go bad.. but for a leakdown test, i heard of some way to listen to it, but couldnt i just hook up a compresson tester to it and watch the needle to see if it drops? that would tell me if im leaking air wouldn't it?

Back