After the Debate

Bush or Kerry?

• Kerry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck it im not vot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 30 2004, 11:09 PM
how could ANYONE be on kerry's side after watching that debate?!?
[post=397008]Quoted post[/post]​

Because it's pronounced "Nuclear".

Anyway, poor Bush... no Cheney at his side to help him this time. The transcripts do tell you what was said, but it misses a lot of the 'ummmm... hmmmm... errr...' and constant pauses by Bush. Kinda like My Pet Goat, just not as long. And all Bush could come up with was Kerry being a flip flopper... it's getting old now. Besides, Mr. Bush has his share of flip-flops too...

We're at peace! - We're at war!

The economy is bad! - The economy is on a roll!

I am against the 9/11 commission! - I will support the 9/11 commission!

Saddam has WMDs! - He has no WMDs but he's a bad man!

There are Al-Qeida links! - There are no Al-Qeida links but he is still a bad man!

I'm against Homeland Security! - Look! I made a new department so show my support, Homeland Security!

Condi will NOT testify! - Okay, she will testify but only for an hour!

I will not testify! - Okay, only if Cheney is with me! - And not under oath!

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Sep 30 2004, 11:04 PM-->
@Sep 30 2004, 07:47 PM
I'm voting for Bush. WE don't need a man in office who can't make up his own damn mind.
[post=396996]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you watch the entire debate as Kerry was rather clear and to the point the entire time. In fact this is the first time I have heard him speak, and I was rather impressed, and he did not repeat him self the entire time, like Bush did, and he actually answered the questions and brought up important issues.
I might actually vote for Kerry now, I was not originally planning on doing so, but he is at least coming out with good points, and he brought up the fact that we are dumping all this money into "Homeland Security," and yet we are shutting down firestations, and laying off police officers and Paramedics/EMTs. Since they are the first to respond to Homeland Security, I thought is was a damn good point that he brought up.
[post=397005]Quoted post[/post]​

That's is all controlled by LOCAL government. How can the federal government tell city and county groups to change their funding for police and fire protection?? They can't. That was just another thing Kerry brought up that "sounded good", and would sway the ignorant.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 1 2004, 08:37 AM
Fortunately for me, I read the transcriptions, instead of watching it. I got the benefit of not having to form an opinion based on the manner of public speaking, but instead of what was said. And from what I read, Kerry danced a good dance, but Bush had better answers. When Kerry didn't have an answer, he tried to drop it back in Bushs lap, which you can't do if the man stands fast in his beliefs.

Kerry went back on forth on the issue of Iraq, he did vote to go in, he doesn't believe we should have, he did vote against funds for equipping soldiers, but it's wrong that they went without the tools for the job, which is it? And as far as rpeating himself, I read the same thing several times from Kerry, not to mention rehashing points that are not valid, like we rushed into Iraq, when it's known that Saddam ignored several resolutions.

Then shots himself in he foot by saying it's the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, yet thinks he is going to be able to convince other countries to join a war he is saying is wrong? If anyone has the credability(sp) to make people believe in it, it's the man that stood behind his descision from the start. Bush just needs to suck it up and pull others together to get out of this the right way, instead of laying ours dicks on the table. And don't even mention the UN, yea, those monkeys have done a bang up job in the past, anyone remember South Africa? Kerry kept saying he has a plan to end the war, or get us out, but never elaborated on what that might be. "Bring the other nations together", ok, how, and what are you going to do if they listen? He seems to be under the impression that he can start withdrawing troops in six months, if so, then the man has NO concept of things here, or any grasp on the complexity of the situation. He doesn't even believe the Iraqi president can do the job, does he really expect that he can muster the country, and turn it around and still start withdraing in six months? HA.

Also one thing that bothered me with Kerry is at least twice he refers to soldiers fighting in the middle east as "those kids" ASSHOLE, THE TERM YOU WERE LOOKING FOR IS MEN

And another thing that bothered me about both was neither mentioned Al Zarqawi, or Sadr, the two priniciple thorns in our sides here, and the leading perpetrators of terrorist attacks in recent times.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
[post=397092]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn straight dude, I dont see how people are saying kerry dominated

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Oct 1 2004, 09:01 AM-->
@Oct 1 2004, 08:37 AM

Also one thing that bothered me with Kerry is at least twice he refers to soldiers fighting in the middle east as "those kids" ASSHOLE, THE TERM YOU WERE LOOKING FOR IS MEN

[post=397092]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you were missing what he was trying to do when he used the words those kids.....If they are men then people are less concerned....using the word kids makes people more sensative to the fact that they are out there in the first place....
[post=397094]Quoted post[/post]​

was kerry drafted, or was he a volunteer?

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Oct 1 2004, 12:55 PM-->
Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Sep 30 2004, 11:04 PM
SiR Kid
@Sep 30 2004, 07:47 PM
I'm voting for Bush. WE don't need a man in office who can't make up his own damn mind.
[post=396996]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you watch the entire debate as Kerry was rather clear and to the point the entire time. In fact this is the first time I have heard him speak, and I was rather impressed, and he did not repeat him self the entire time, like Bush did, and he actually answered the questions and brought up important issues.
I might actually vote for Kerry now, I was not originally planning on doing so, but he is at least coming out with good points, and he brought up the fact that we are dumping all this money into "Homeland Security," and yet we are shutting down firestations, and laying off police officers and Paramedics/EMTs. Since they are the first to respond to Homeland Security, I thought is was a damn good point that he brought up.
[post=397005]Quoted post[/post]​

That's is all controlled by LOCAL government. How can the federal government tell city and county groups to change their funding for police and fire protection?? They can't. That was just another thing Kerry brought up that "sounded good", and would sway the ignorant.
[post=397233]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes however, the states get their money from the state taxes, as well as the federal government, and it is extremely important when Metioning "Homeland Security," that the home land is secure and that there is a first responce. Oh and watch the debate, there was not any "flip-flopping" on Kerry's part, and fuck if you are saying you are not voting for Kerry because he cannot make up his mind, well then you should not be voting for Bush as he cannot make up his mind either, and I can think of twice as many issues where Bush has "flip-flopped." Here are just a few:
Nation Building and the War in Iraq, Iraq and the Sept. 11 Attacks, The Sept. 11 Commission, Free Trade, Homeland Security Department, Campaign Finance Reform, oh and remember when we won the war in Iraq and he declared mission acomplished? Oh and remember when we were going to hand over the country to the new government? Shit you could have fooled me we have been loosing more and more troops each month since those events have happened.

Oh and BTW. Kerry Volunteered.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Oct 2 2004, 01:53 AM

Did you watch the entire debate as Kerry was rather clear and to the point the entire time.

Kerry didn't clearly approach any issue with a solution, just sweeping strokes, that lack any true direction

In fact this is the first time I have heard him speak, and I was rather impressed, and he did not repeat him self the entire time,

Transcriptions are on the net, I suggest you read throught them, he sounds like a broken record player.

Yes however, the states get their money from the state taxes, as well as the federal government, and it is extremely important when Metioning "Homeland Security," that the home land is secure and that there is a first responce.

Bush gave $6.3 billion for law enforcement, and fire departments

Oh and watch the debate, there was not any "flip-flopping" on Kerry's part, and fuck if you are saying you are not voting for Kerry because he cannot make up his mind, well then you should not be voting for Bush as he cannot make up his mind either, and I can think of twice as many issues where Bush has "flip-flopped." Here are just a few:
Nation Building and the War in Iraq, Iraq and the Sept. 11 Attacks

For one thing, removing Saddam, and edging Iraq towards democracy have been on the agenda since DAY 1. His reasons for going in have, to this day proven to be lacking, but the intent has not changed, neither has his commitment to it. You can't remove an unstable nations leader, and not rebuild the nation, to say we weren't nation building was irresponsible, but the fact is, it had to be done.

oh and remember when we won the war in Iraq and he declared mission acomplished?

Mission accomplished, Saddam is gone, regime had been removed, and on to making Iraq a functioning nation.

Oh and remember when we were going to hand over the country to the new government? Shit you could have fooled me we have been loosing more and more troops each month since those events have happened.

Just because we handed control of most operations over to Iraq, and we did, doesn't mean a shield is going to form over us. We arestill there in the fight training Iraq to fight, rebuild, delegate, etc... Not a single person in the military thought it was going to just be over because we transferred authority of their country to them.

Here's the transcriptions. Though they won't do much good for most as they have made up their minds based on public speaking versus actually comprehending the issues.

It's real easy for KErry to now, take stands aainst Bush about going into Iraq, ad so forth, but the FACT is, he was standing right next to him, voting the same way back when it was all going down, and now he is trying to say, "Well, there's a better way" Well, no shit John, hindsight is always 20 fuckin' 20.

kerry got purple hearts. therefore he's a pussy. he could never be a good president.

bush resembles a chimp. he's come up with words such as 'newkewlar' and 'vladdameer'.

our country is screwed.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Oct 1 2004, 04:53 PM
Oh and BTW. Kerry Volunteered.
[post=397313]Quoted post[/post]​

That's kind of honorable if you ask me.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 2 2004, 06:19 AM
kerry got purple hearts. therefore he's a pussy. he could never be a good president.

WTF?!?! Do you know what a Purple Heart is? The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the armed forces of the U.S. who are wounded by an instrument of war in the hands of the enemy and posthumously to the next of kin in the name of those who are killed in action or die of wounds received in action. It is specifically a combat decoration. And it does also include friendly fire.

Not only that, it's is the oldest medal still awarded, and the first to be presented to common enlisted soldiers.

More than a couple of guys in my company have received them, and there isn't one of them that if you met would call a pussy.

041002_PollStory_hd.hmedium.jpg

:lmao:

I just think it shows how he's human, and that to me relates a lot to a person, but then again kerry does also.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Oct 2 2004, 06:44 PM
:lmao:

I just think it shows how he's human, and that to me relates a lot to a person, but then again kerry does also.
[post=397570]Quoted post[/post]​

To me it shows that he can't control his emotions under stress, and that's a bad thing for someone who is supposed to be running the country. No wonder he spent so much time on vacation. He can't hack it.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Sep 30 2004, 10:18 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 30 2004, 10:13 PM
kerry, 2004.

anything else, is just stupid.
[post=396973]Quoted post[/post]​

... but not as stupid as kerry, 2004. :blink:

I didn't watch the debate so I don't know... I just know Kerry isn't getting my vote.
[post=396978]Quoted post[/post]​

The guy has been in office for 20yrs . . . . he has yet to do anything and now, all of a sudden, he has all these great idea's that he DIDNT propose when the hole war thing started.

If Bush is so bad, then why is Kerry waiting untill NOW to say anything? If Bush sux so bad, then why didnt Kerry show his opposition to Bush's ideas when Bush was elected in 2000?

- easy, Kerry = T00L

Substance over style girls.
Eh couldn't say his plan on the debate. Why not? Who goes to a debate and tells people to look at his website? HInt: It's not his plan and he's obviously not passionate enough about it, or else he would have it memorized. Flipper can't hack it. he wants to go and blow the UN to get the support of the french, blah blah.
Who in their right minds would vote for someone who wants to give sudan Nuclear power as a test? Clinton did the same for North Korea, and now they have a nuclear program.
How many of you guys know that the french sold Sadam weapons that U.S. soldiers were killed with?

Originally posted by driverunknown@Oct 3 2004, 02:56 AM
How many of you guys know that the french sold Sadam weapons that U.S. soldiers were killed with?
[post=397658]Quoted post[/post]​

The US sold Saddam weapons to kill US soldiers with too. Whats your point?

Back