AHHVTEC'S 2nd gen build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lookin good. dunno how i'm just now stumbling upon this thread lol

hopefully 2 weeks it will be time to put the seats in it and drive, its at a local tuners getting all the custom stuff made up for it like shift linkage, fuel lines, axles ect ect

Man, I wish I could have gotten to you sooner. Back in the day, we used to use the 86/87 accord trans and 2.0 short block and put the dohc prelude head on and it would pretty much bolt in the stock locations. The big drawback was 'making' a intake since the prelude has an angle to it. BUT the torque was great!
I talked to Adam Malley about the swap decades ago. He use to beat on camaros and mustangs. I think they even swapped the earlier prelude rear brakes for discs all around. Look into grafting the 86-87 prelude rear brake with control arms and center support. It's all there. You just have to fab it in.

E

Looks great so far!

well it sucks lol, the car was suppose to be ready last week but the axles came in and they was to long so i had to send them back out and im still waiting for them to get here. cars i tell ya the story of my life lol

sorry for the crappy night pics, as you see they engine bay is now a mess again lol, still dont have the axles for it but thats all i like for it to go down the road, but i couldnt wait longer got to get it back to the paint and body shop in hopes to get this thing together this month. oh yea and im gona have to make a custom air box my arc box and pipe are way to large to fit so its for sale.
004-5.jpg

003-9.jpg

looking good man! cant wait to see some paint on that engine bay and outer body.

i would say but every time i think of what i have in it i get sick and start to vomit, lol. lets just say i was hoping under 6 grand i was way off.

Back