AIM audio ads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
I hate em, I know you gotta hate 'em. If you wanna nix them from ever bothering you again, here's how.

Add these four domains into your router's block list

ads.aol.com
ads.web.aol.com
ar.atwola.com
VTOT.proxy.aol.com

If you don't have a router, then under Windows, edit the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and add this to the file

ads.aol.com 127.0.0.1
ads.web.aol.com 127.0.0.1
ar.atwola.com 127.0.0.1
VTOT.proxy.aol.com 127.0.0.1

Linux users can add that to their hosts file.

Sorry if this is a repost, but those goddamn things have bothered me one too many times.

Ah, editing the HOSTS file. That's also a good way to troubleshoot your system when you're not able to get to certain sites- check your HOSTS file. Kazaa Lite really screwed mine up by directing a bunch of sites to localhost.

:(

As for ads with AIM- that's why I don't use AIM. Use better third party software... like Trillian.

:) :) :)

xp is the best windows platform to date, end of story. if you thnk otherwise, your wrong.

I use Trillian, and I too also don't and prolly won't ever use XP. XP is pretty and nice, but I'm willing to bet that 15% of that OS is dedicated simply to being a watchdog. "Protecting me from myself" and my horrendously evil tendencies to break copywrite laws.

The shell is only WinME with Window Blinds. Yay.

-> Steve

not even close.

winme? lmao. please.

its close to nt3.5 than it is to ME.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2004, 07:29 AM
not even close.

winme? lmao. please.

:lmao:

:puke: WinME

XP is the best Windows OS by a long shot. Just firewall yourself to hell and you'll be fine.

:)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2004, 12:44 AM
xp is the best windows platform to date, end of story. if you thnk otherwise, your wrong.

i'm happy with 2k, xp has no advantage over it :)

WinXP calls home to often.

I'm gonna stick to 2000 for a while.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 12 2004, 05:17 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 12 2004, 07:29 AM
not even close.

winme? lmao. please.

:puke: WinME

XP is the best Windows OS by a long shot. Just firewall yourself to hell and you'll be fine.

:)

I'm so firewalled, I couldn't even use my webcam the other day :) It is annoying sometimes as it is always asking if such and such a pogram can access the net, but after the last four bullshit virus' I've had, it is a small price to pay.

Sygate and AVG yO

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 12 2004, 11:35 AM

thats why i have a nice little prog called winXP anti spy that i run everytime i set up XP
it goes through and gets rid of or turns off all the shit XP uses to keep an eye on you :)
takes less than 3 seconds to use :)

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 12 2004, 11:35 AM

ET? :lol:

there have been many improvements over 2k. Mostly, ease of use, and functionality- but it also comes with newer versions of medai player, a remote desktop system, better organized control panel and admin tools, and a bunch of other stuff.

more so, 2k's life cycle will be over in about a year and change.

I was unaware of the XP anti spy tool.

but untill it's easy as pie to install WinXP on multiple computers
without having to buy a liscence for all of them and still eb able to update via,
windowsupdate, then I'll stick with 2000

and other than the XP fisher price look, I've only found a few extra's that I like.

like the task manager has a tab for network performance and the details avliable when you look at the network connection on the task bar, it'll show the ip address.
other than that I haven't found anything else of much usefullness.
maybe if someone gave me a demo of some of the new things they like about it then maybe I'd switch.

as far as a better media player isn't it the same one I can download called windows media player 9 or some crap

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 12 2004, 01:41 PM
and other than the XP fisher price look

i hate that shit .... its the first thing i get rid of.... fuckin happy buttons GRRRRRR

AIM+... free, no ads, saves every single conversation for later access, can make windows transparent, i can run as many screen names as i want simultaneously (useful for when friends are over). Good shit :thumbsup:

Back