Air Bag Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RomeoRx2

i own a 94 civic vx i got it salvaged and i've been fixin everything little by little and on my inspectin date is next week and i won't pass if i can't get this damn light to come off i got one of the bags from a junk yard and the other from ebay i took it to my local honda dealer and they said something about an airbag module could some one pls help cause i can't do my swap till i pass this salvage examination with my stock engine.

Have you checked the connections(probably have but just checking)?

Do you have the factory impact sensors for the airbags installed on your car?

Have you tried resetting the ecu?

air bags require a dealer reset key to turn off the light- even if they are plugged back in and working properly.

the only thing i bought was the airbags, no sensors or module, but no i didn't reset the ecu, btw how do u do that ne ways?

Originally posted by RomeoRx2@Jan 5 2003, 07:54 AM
the only thing i bought was the airbags, no sensors or module, but no i didn't reset the ecu, btw how do u do that ne ways?

Take out the fuse wait a minute or two, put back in, turn on car, run for a little bit (dont touch gas or brake), turn car off, turn back on, you got your self a reset ecu.

the SRS control unit is located under the stereo on your car . . .reseting the ECU won't do anything for you. . . you can read the code from the same ECU service connector (passenger side under dash) however to reset the light follow these steps

1. turn ignition switch off, remove ECU service connector
2. connect (jump) the MES connector (this is 2 pin connector wrapped on yellow plugged in the front of the underdash fuse box)
3. turn ignition switch on
4. SRS light will come on for 6 secs then go out, remove the jumper within 4 secs after the light goes out.
5. the SRS light will come on again, reconnect the jumper within 4 secs after the light has come on.
6. the SRS light will go off, remove the jumper with in 4 secs after the light has gone off.
7. the SRS light will blink to times indicating the memory is reset.

you may have to try it a couple times, it can be tricky, but i sounds alot more difficult than it is, good luck

Ok, we got the light to blink, but the light came back on when we started the car =(, any other suggestions? thanks for the help btw. do you think i need a new module maybe?

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Jan 5 2003, 01:55 PM
get the code. . . or just take the freakin bulb out :ph34r:

on the old caravans (my dad's 88) they had a check engine light that would come on ever 3k miles for oil changes and places like sears would not turn it off (need some kind of tool) unless you gave them like ten dollars or something like that. My dad when out and bough a rool of electrical tape and put a peice over the light.

ok so i guess i need a new srs unit since the original bags deployed

that sucks

Back