all motor b18c build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:lol: let me guess, a good tune is when the distributor is at the right spot for power with no pinging?

All your doing is hurting your motor and probably making less power. Also if I'm not mistaken, OBD2 ecu auto adjusts timing via a:f.

No, I'm running OBDII so I'm not going to tune. But "if" I hear pinging I would like to fix it, and retarding is the only option I have that doesn't require going OBDI. Also, anyone have any experience with NPR rings?? I went with cheapo ITR knockoffs which seem to have crappy casting :/ Wish I found the Nippon pistons first lol, but the set I got came with NPR rings.

No, I'm running OBDII so I'm not going to tune. But "if" I hear pinging I would like to fix it, and retarding is the only option I have that doesn't require going OBDI. Also, anyone have any experience with NPR rings?? I went with cheapo ITR knockoffs which seem to have crappy casting :/ Wish I found the Nippon pistons first lol, but the set I got came with NPR rings.

Get a jumper harness and run a obd1 ecu then tune, its not that hard

JDM ITR pistons will give you more compression than P30s. The GSR heads combustion chamber is quenched, decreasing volume by 1.10 cc which ends up being about .27 more compression.
I don't think you can find knock off versions of the JDM ITR (P73) piston.

I know what u need to tune, and my buddy has chrome. But i wanna stay OBDII for smog purposes, however I might go OBDI if I don't like how my car is running.

Alright so churchs tuning is the spot...and more or less how much should I expect to pay in tuning

Its hard to say, maybe 300? Depends on what he charges by the hour or a flat fee, might be less might be a bit more, I would contact church

Ok...thanx at least I now know more or less what it's gonna be

Back