Alpine CDA-9853 + ipod.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Technical specs here: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rUYG7wuNQrL/c...00&I=500CDA9853

Its basicly the same as the 9855 but with a different screen and the voltage or ampage is slightly lower, oh well didnt justify the extra 100 bucks. Anyways, i had this pos clarion that started to randomly shut off again... plus im drivin to jersey city tomarrow... needed something to listen too. Figured, hell, i hate carrying a bunch of cds around and shit, and if im gonna spend the money why not just get an ipod too and the Alpine adaptor too? So i did. The wiring is simple as simple can be. One wire from ipod to the box, then one from the box to the deck, done. All i gotta figure out now is how to shuffle the songs on the playlists....hmmmm

The interface isnt the easiest but not the hardest. It has the Glide touch, so the strip on the bottom is a piece of silicone and you glide your finger across it to scroll thru options and the menus and such. Its weird at first but east to get used to, the only problem is that it doesnt skip to the next song/artist/playlist/option all the time on the first try, but im gonna get the hang of it lol. Other than that the menus are a little bit confusing to get thru but one or two minutes spent on it and its simple.

Ill get pics up sometime relatively soon, prolly sunday or so since im going to NJ. Total dollars spent: $707.00 and its totally worth it. Now i will have no need for cds in my car and the clutter it makes.

overall im happy, the 18w versus the 25 from my old clarion actually sound better, more clear, and more crisp. The highs definately benefited from this.

:thumbsup:

If the preamp outputs were higher voltage, I would have paid extra for it. It makes a huge difference... especially if you're using nothing but amps (me).

Good buy though- that Glide touch stuff looks pretty cool!

yeah, im just using the deck as my main supply of power to my speakers, for me thats all i really need. i just needed to upgrade lol

Saving the $100 is better for you then. I have to have my amps!

hmmm IMO $707.00 doent seem worth it to me, i guess if you dont care about high quality. i spent $132 for everything. new deck wiring harness all the plastic bs to mount the deck, and the cable to connect my ipod to the deck. and im very pleased. the key is when buying a deck make sure you buy one with "aux input" if you have a deck with "aux input" all you need is a $7 cable from radio crap to use your ipod in youre car. yeah you cant control the ipod from the deck but its still $200 cheaper than they way best buy suggests connecting youre ipod to youre car.

either way is a good way to connect the ipod but with using aux ins on a head unit it doesn't charge the ipod. honestly i would have spent the extra money to have that convienence especially on a trip. plus it is safer your not takin your eyes off the road to look down at your ipod to change tracks and whatnot.

just got back from jersey, the combo was worth it. ^^^thats right, not having to pick up the damn thing and deal with it was a plus. Being able to control the ipod from the deck is awesome, plus it keeps the ipod charged, thumbs up for that!!! Oh, i figured out how to get it to shuffle all my songs too, thank god. 707 vs 130...well i went for quality over simplicity, the money wasnt an issue, it was convienence and user friendly-ness. either way, im damn proud of my purchase and definately recommend it to anyone thinking the same thing.

Good buy I love alpine and was recently looking at the same head unit. I hate car audio though for that reason, every time i buy something new a month later something bigger and better comes out. I have a serious problem too, when I get something stuck in my head that I want I can't stop thinking about it until I have it.

hmm i got a CDA-9833. Its older model but it owns your soul. I got a T220 Amp on the way from onlinecarstereo.com but they are taking years to process my order! stupid.... !!! anyways i got alpine type x components and im getting all this installed next weekend! yay! type x components sound way better than infinity and others... my system is gonna rock! im getting some audiobahn subs too .. 2 12's 1000w for 160 bucks on ebay. yay.

i guess im just a cheap ass and dont want to spend the extra $575 just to have my ipod charged haha. i have a car charger for that. also i dont usually go on road trips alone so i just let the person in the passenger seat be the dj. anyways thats just my opinion. i have over 1700 songs in my ipod and how they get from my ipod...out of my car speakers and to my ears makes no difference to me.

technically, i really only spent about.. an extra 90 bucks to connect the ipod to the car, plus what deck do you have? thats fine that you did it for cheaper, oh well i didnt. the 707 includes the cost of the ipod, so minus the 300 on the 20gb.. its only 407 either way i still spent more and i dont care lol, you can go the cheap route and act like youre better.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jul 22 2005, 03:33 PM
technically, i really only spent about.. an extra 90 bucks to connect the ipod to the car, plus what deck do you have? thats fine that you did it for cheaper, oh well i didnt. the 707 includes the cost of the ipod, so minus the 300 on the 20gb.. its only 407 either way i still spent more and i dont care lol, you can go the cheap route and act like youre better.
[post=529991]Quoted post[/post]​

Good buy. I bought a Rio Carbon, and as nice as it is, I just want an ipod, I've broken the volume knob on the carbon twice, it's lame it's so fragile.

lol, after 5 days of having my ipod there was a horizontal line that went out.. so i took it back and got a new one no problem...lol that was AFTER the fact that the cd to load the ipod programs was corrupt...luckily my mom bought one too so i used hers...

Back